Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Campaign to Initiate NHTSA Investigation into Kappa Passenger Presence Sensor  (Read 9762 times)

Offline sLAsh

• Apprentice/Gofer
Maybe they will make the airbag always on and give us a decal to stick over the airbag light that says no kids

Offline SHEZOOMM

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Tech
received mine Tues. 28th.

Canadian Press says that there are only 7,143 on the list in Canada.

Offline Napi

• Master Tech
Re: Campaign to Initiate NHTSA Investigation into Kappa Passenger Presence Sensor
« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2017, 12:26:06 PM »
Hey Guys,
Are the new mats actually available?
The sensor in my Opel is broken AGAIN(3rd time now..
 And tbh the seat is barely used for anything, not even a bag), but Opel told me the recall does not apply for the GT and they could only offer a "normal" replacement sensor plus mat.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Gearhead
Re: Campaign to Initiate NHTSA Investigation into Kappa Passenger Presence Sensor
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2017, 01:17:27 PM »
Hey Guys,
Are the new mats actually available?
The sensor in my Opel is broken AGAIN(3rd time now..
 And tbh the seat is barely used for anything, not even a bag), but Opel told me the recall does not apply for the GT and they could only offer a "normal" replacement sensor plus mat.

Ugh.  No we have had no word that there is an upgraded replacement available yet (if ever).
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Sol Asylum

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Shop Foreman
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2017, 01:28:37 PM »
Yeah, what is the time line they are supposed to have a fix for this?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Napi

• Master Tech
« Reply #130 on: September 14, 2017, 03:31:56 PM »
Damn. Guess I have to buy the standard replacement AGAIN.  :(

I hope you'll get the "New stuff" soon. :cool:

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
Damn. Guess I have to buy the standard replacement AGAIN.  :(

I hope you'll get the "New stuff" soon. :cool:

Definitely keep your invoices on that. I can't see GM getting out of reimbursing you.

I suspect GM will contact EU regulators and initiate a recall once the NHTSA solution has been approved. At which point, they will probably reimburse drivers in the EU for past replacements, which is their standard protocol.

I'm a bit surprised they haven't done that already, since GM is supposed to alert regulators when a known defect exists.

Over here, I thought I was bit by this finally. But it turns out the clockspring in my steering wheel broke. So the service airbag was the driver's airbag(!).

Dealer thinks my clockspring broke late last year when I had to force-steer after the ECU died, and the car spun out. I was probably pressing 300 pounds of force on the steering wheel, and today's GM steering wheels are not designed for an engine-off spinout. My CNA extended warranty covered it, and the one week (pony car) rental. I did get a free inspection of the ignition switch, which looks fine apparently.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:11:42 PM by ChrisPrice »