Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: [SOLD] Hydro Blue Sky Red Line on eBay  (Read 1912 times)

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
[SOLD] Hydro Blue Sky Red Line on eBay
« on: June 24, 2016, 06:02:56 AM »
Not mine, but this one will sell pretty fast at its price, and I figure the community should grab it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371664537450

I'm not interested due to accident history. I've already owned one Hydro Blue with accident history - and I don't want history to repeat itself.

Plus my Sky RL has had multiple extended warranty claims (including timing chain - yay!) and so I'd have to find the perfect buyer at this point - I'm "stuck" with my Bluestone until the warranty is nearly up in a few years.

Accident history only says right-front bumper collision. No idea how extensive, but title is still clear. Now granted, my Hydro Blue had a clean CarFax and clear title before we found frame damage... so inspect carefully on this one.

That said, it is priced pretty well - assuming the accident damage was fully repaired. If I was in Texas, I'd head to the dealer, but I wouldn't buy without the frame being measured and a full body shop inspection.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2016, 08:34:59 AM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
Re: [FYI FS] Hydro Blue Sky Red Line on eBay
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 08:50:17 AM »
And... it's gone. Someone appears to have plonked down a deposit. At six hours up for sale, this may be the fastest sale of a Hydro Blue (let alone any rare Kappa) to-date.

Offline MARVIC 1

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 11:09:27 AM »
And... it's gone. At six hours up for sale, this may be the fastest sale of a Hydro Blue to-date.
I believe it was sold to a member on the SkyRoadster Forum, He has been looking for over 4 years into buying a Saturn Sky.
That's got to be the longest wait in order to buy a Kappa to date...  :D

Offline davhamm

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »
 :slap:

Watch what you say

Chris, Last we heard, that original Hydro you turned down, is still cruising around issue free. Checked over by body guys and they found no issues. But the owner has not posted in a while so who knows.

No significant warranty work on this. first 2 years lived in Ohio, for about 7k miles then down to Tx for the next 5ys and 34K miles

Offline ChrisPrice

• Tech
    • ChristopherPrice.net
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2016, 06:35:44 AM »
There was one post from that owner who said he couldn't find frame damage.

I then told him where to look and measure. He never posted since on any Kappa-related forum. I suspect he found, or didn't want to find, what I sent.

It is possible since i owned it that one of the subsequent dealers recalibrated the trunk decklid, to try and compensate for the frame damage. It's also possible someone in-between me and the next owner, had the frame repaired. Unlikely... but possible.

But it was well documented enough for CarFax to accept my records in the CarFax report. Which they almost never do without dealer or bodyshop confirmation (which I gave them).

Offline davhamm

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 11:10:29 PM »
We, exchanged some PM's for a while, he said there was no sign of new welding, so the rear end had not been repaired following the repair instructions.

I never did get a 6 month or later follow up but after a few months he was still happy. I think he got it for $11k

Not to worried about this one, the accident was like 5 yrs ago and 25k miles interestingly it was a few months after the 2nd owner took over. It looks like original tires still on car, and tires show no odd wear patterns.

I get the once bitten twice shy, but it would take a pretty could wreck to twist the frame and from the reports sounds like this was a minor accident. Plus I can see all the warranty work and it has been minor, a thermostat at about 6k and the ignition a few times.

But hey buying any old car comes with risks. keep the rubber on the ground.