Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: WTB: Solstice/Sky GM Windscreen Deflector 2nd Design - GM Part No. 19212066  (Read 1887 times)

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Looking for one NIB or uninstalled if possible. If you know of a site that has one for sale, please PM me or email me @ asnixon AT live DOT com.

Thanks - roxer
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
I never knew there was a 2nd design! 

Anyway, a google search on the part number brings up a couple sites that seem to have them for sale.  GM Parts Direct and GM Parts Giant for starters.  Also, Crate Engine Depot (if any, I'd "endorse" this one).

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Bought the last one in the system from a stealership in CT.

Offline flash

• Apprentice/Gofer
I'm thinking of adding a windscreen to my Sky. What's the difference between gen 1 & 2?

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
I'm thinking of adding a windscreen to my Sky. What's the difference between gen 1 & 2?

gen one mounts farther forward on the tulip(?) panel and gen 2 farther rearward due to the placement a beam (M-bar) that runs under the panel. There is a measurement you need to make to decide which to get. Instructions are:

"For customers that want to add a windscreen to their vehicle, the technician should first measure the distance from the M-bar to the rear of the tulip panel. If the measurement is 45 mm (1.8 in) or less, use kit P/N 17800058. If the measurement is greater than 45 mm (1.8 in), use kit P/N 19212066. Follow the installation instruction included in the kit."

Offline flash

• Apprentice/Gofer
Thank you. Was placement of the M-bar a running change in manufacture, or a model year change...or just subject to the whim of the frame welder at the time of manufacture? 

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
I think it was a hit or miss from what I have read, but ran close to model years.

Offline davhamm

• Apprentice/Gofer
Somewhere I found a thread, with a link to the manufactures of the fly swatters and they were still selling them but I can't find the link now.

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
http://www.gmpartsgiant.com/2009-pontiac-solstice-accessories.html?Category=Exterior&Page=2

Windscreen  Part No.: 17800058 $251.44 Retail Price: $300.00 You Save: $48.56

Windscreen Part No.: 19212066 $251.44 Retail Price: $300.00 You Save: $48.56

This place shows it too but doesn't list part number.
https://www.partswebsite.com/gm-car-parts/index.php?i=2&model=278&make=90&year=2009&section=&searchall=&type=accessories&subcatid=&sucatid=&p=0 (page 3)

It comes up here too but their search feature leaves a lot to be desired, but they claim to specialize in Pontiac parts.
http://pontiacpartspeople.com

Every now and then the windscreens pop up on Craigslist and Ebay, but usually the body hardware isn't included.