Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: TCE Big Brake kits  (Read 1394 times)

Offline username

• Tech
TCE Big Brake kits
« on: September 16, 2016, 02:38:10 PM »
Installed this a few months back after my wheel hub bolts backed out during an event, destroying a stock rotor. (Otherwise, upgraded pads would have been more than enough to go racing with.) I made the mistake of only visually inspecting the hub bolts every event, instead of verifying the torque before each time.

Kit fits great, came with all required hardware, saves a bunch of weight versus the stock brake setup and was REALLY cheap for a BBC with top-end components.

Went with the 13" front kit and the 12.3" rear kit. Much cheaper than the alternatives ($700+ per end of the car), and unlike Rotora stuff, there's lots of options for pads for the standard Wilwood calipers, as well as the rotors, so you're not locked into a single vendor or limited compound options.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: TCE Big Brake kits
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
I have been running a similar setup for years.

Todd @ TCE is awesome and has excellent customer support

Offline username

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 02:45:47 PM »
Yup, for less money, you get a better setup with fantastic support.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2016, 05:55:27 PM »
Yea, I was looking at some of the recently advertised setup and saw that they were at least 2x the cost, if not more