Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: F/S: Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo Kit with custom off pipe  (Read 2123 times)

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
F/S: Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo Kit with custom off pipe
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:04:57 AM »
I have a Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo kit for sale with a welded on stock outlet pipe in gloss black powder coat. Turbo has an aluminum center section and runs the stock BPV. Also has a ceramic coated exhaust housing. The kit has approximately 2400 miles on it and comes with a new PWerks turbo installation kit. This custom kit should be used with DDM Charge Pipes although you could use it with PWerks version. You may want to have the compressor housing powder coat redone or use as is. I have had to touch up a few small spots with automotive gloss touch up paint and still looks great. The kit is $1900 plus shipping. Email me at asnixon AT live dot com if interested.

Note: I have this listed on other boards.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:25:31 PM by roxer »
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline Johnny_gxp

• Quick Shifter
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: F/S: Performance Autowerks WR-3 Turbo Kit with custom off pipe
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 07:41:33 PM »
i am the lad that LV is talking about. Seeing if maybe this set up will work for me? my only problem is i don't want or need the amount of power this can produce. also why would i need DDM tubes? it is to my understanding that they have been proven not to flow any better than stock.
Aggressive '08 Solstice GXP

Offline TxBlueBird

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 02:00:57 AM »
What would to be modded for it to fit a 2008 Base?

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 08:48:30 AM »
i am the lad that LV is talking about. Seeing if maybe this set up will work for me? my only problem is i don't want or need the amount of power this can produce. also why would i need DDM tubes? it is to my understanding that they have been proven not to flow any better than stock.

Good questions! You can use your stock tubes, but this turbo flows at a much higher rate than the stock K04 in which case the smoother DDM tubes would make a difference.  Same for a few other things, like a better intercooler than the stock version. As for power, that is determined by the tune. The turbo will naturally add more boost to the mix, but the tune determines how much including timing advances. So you could get 350whp out of this turbo or 450whp - your decision.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:24:32 PM by roxer »

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2017, 05:39:55 PM »
That answer your questions?

Offline Johnny_gxp

• Quick Shifter
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 02:11:32 PM »
Yes, thank you! But i have decided to go with a GT2871R. I have more resources with that turbo and feel more comfortable with that set up. I appreciate it!
Aggressive '08 Solstice GXP