Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: F/S High Performance Kappa Transmission Mount - Stop the Slop  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
After a few thousand miles on a SPEC Stage 3 clutch with a SPEC Aluminum flywheel, I started experiencing violent driveline shudder, a fact of life with my setup.

I modified the stock transmission mount by filling the voids with an actively cured Urethane Polymer that is vacuum degassed.  After installing the modified mount, the shudder has been significantly reduced and it will arrest the oscillations a magnitude quicker than stock. 

Mod mount price is $99 free shipping in the U.S.
See details here: http://www.kappadapt.com/Kappadapt-Transmission-Mod-Mount--Solstice-Sky_p_13.html

Replaces part #: 15287646 This will only work with the 'body mounted' rear differential found in 2006-2007.5 models.  If you have a torque arm between the transmission output and rear differential this will not fit.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 07:21:38 AM by Steelmesh »
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: F/S Kappa Performance Transmission Mount - Stop the Slop
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 09:40:49 AM »
It's great to have you here Steelmesh as a lifetime supporting member and they all look like great products. I have cleaned up the thread, all the best.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline blackbirdracing

• Master Tech
  • Kappa Newb
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2017, 09:57:41 PM »
These are for cars without the torque arm correct?

I don't think us torque arm guys have a trans mount.

Offline Johnny_gxp

• Quick Shifter
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 01:41:52 AM »
2008 GXP owner here: I do not in fact have trans mounts. My manual transmission goes from the engine to the torque arm.
Aggressive '08 Solstice GXP

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 10:20:17 AM »
These are for cars without the torque arm correct?

I don't think us torque arm guys have a trans mount.

Thanks for the input here, I didn't do a physical check on Torque-Arm cars, I referenced online parts dealer to compare part numbers and they show a rear trans mount for the 2009 MY.

2006 Base Mount 15287646
2006 Base Mount Adapter 10345240
2006 Base Trans Bracket 10350278

2009 GXP Mount 15287646
2009 GXP Mount Adapter 10345240
2009 GXP Trans Bracket NONE LISTED <- red flag in hindsight

I am trying to google some images, came across this where it shows the mount being bolted to the Torque Arm adapter, which is MISLEADING:

Following this post on the other Solsticeforum where I got this image, it appears to be a confusing mess in 2007.  I will update the item to reflect that 2006 and some 2007 have the mount, where torque arm cars do not have it. 

Thanks again for the help on this!

2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:28:58 AM »
2008 GXP owner here: I do not in fact have trans mounts. My manual transmission goes from the engine to the torque arm.

Thank you for the insight here!!

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »
Thank you for the insight here!!
To further complicate your issue, the auto transmission cars do not have the torque bar.  Cars with the torque bar do not have a transmission mount.  This happened sometime during the 2007 model year.
Aggressive #000741

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 10:45:34 AM »
I am trying to google some images, came across this where it shows the mount being bolted to the Torque Arm adapter, which is MISLEADING:
(Image removed from quote.)

Following this post on the other Solsticeforum where I got this image, it appears to be a confusing mess in 2007.  I will update the item to reflect that 2006 and some 2007 have the mount, where torque arm cars do not have it. 

Thanks again for the help on this!

You discovered a drawing of a very rare part, the torque bar to rear mount adapter, which was only used on manual transmission Z0K equipped SCCA race cars, where the torque arm was not allowed.  Maybe 70 total cars? Not sure on the quantity.
Aggressive #000741

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 12:14:39 PM »
You discovered a drawing of a very rare part, the torque bar to rear mount adapter, which was only used on manual transmission Z0K equipped SCCA race cars, where the torque arm was not allowed.  Maybe 70 total cars? Not sure on the quantity.

Thanks for confirming this detail. I wonder if there was a performance benefit to mount the trans with both the torque arm and rear mount. 

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2017, 12:46:03 PM »
Thanks for confirming this detail. I wonder if there was a performance benefit to mount the trans with both the torque arm and rear mount. 

Do you have a part number for that bracket?  I was never able to discover what part number it was. I don't think there was any way to do both unless you designed a part. The torque arm solution was designed to lessen the "clunk" that was a part of the driveline with the manual transmission(, and some of the autos).

:thumbs:

Aggressive #000741

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2017, 01:30:39 PM »
Do you have a part number for that bracket?  I was never able to discover what part number it was. I don't think there was any way to do both unless you designed a part. The torque arm solution was designed to lessen the "clunk" that was a part of the driveline with the manual transmission(, and some of the autos).

:thumbs:

I don't have any info on this unique Z0K bracket.  I like the torque arm, but have an irrational fear dealing with removing the rear end to service the transmission :P 

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt

Offline MattM

• Master Tech
Re: F/S High Performance Kappa Transmission Mount - Stop the Slop
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 09:55:14 AM »
I wonder if this would help me with wheel hop off the line.  Mine is a 2007 redline but I don't know if I have the torque arm or not.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: F/S High Performance Kappa Transmission Mount - Stop the Slop
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 12:30:57 PM »
I wonder if this would help me with wheel hop off the line.  Mine is a 2007 redline but I don't know if I have the torque arm or not.

If you're shifter shakes around and bounces and/or you get a low cycle oscillation in driveline when engaging the clutch, then this mount would help with those conditions.

For the wheel hop, if you do not have the torque arm I would highly recommend the poly bushing for the differential mount located at the front of the diff first to see if that helps.  Also there might be slop in your rear control arm bushings, you're going to hate me but I may have purchased the last set of energy suspension poly bushings a while back (a friend on another forum just picked up a kappa car and said he couldn't find a poly bushing kit).