Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Tuners  (Read 8450 times)

Offline L-N-Fn

• Tech
Re: Tuners
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
There's a lot of good info on the HPT forum. Get a good config file, learn how to read them, then log log log!!!! Good luck.
Coupe 993 5mt. GMPP CAI, GMPP tune+ HPT, 3 inch catless ext. Dejon cooler and Piping, AME water meth, Garrett Manifold, EFR 6758, Werks springs, 2010 lifters, 5th injector,E43, CCW Werks rims285 front-305 rear PScup's. Zok cross member, sway bars, back bone, LVFB. 407 WHP.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
And log and log and log and log......

Tweak, tweak and tweak some more.

Oh, and DONT blow your engine. A few folks that thought the knew, found out they didn't know and kaboom.
Make the right choices now

Offline Jim

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2014, 07:04:40 PM »
Yes sir(s)! I will not get carried away with the tuning on my own. I really just wanted to make sure there were no hiccups removing the TF tune to get the HP tune operational. I will not be tuning the upgraded WR-3 turbo but will leave it to Nick (BYT). I was on the fence about which tuner to use and have my mind made up so I plan to log, log and log, then tweak a bit and then log some more so that I have a good feel for knowing how each change affects the engine.

After I get the turbo installed and tune from Nick perfected, I'll drive it for a few months and then upgrade the springs, lifters and install a meth kit and/or 5th injector. I still need to get around to installing the upgraded undercarriage parts for handling so I'll do that after the turbo install but before upgrading the springs lifters and meth kit.

Anyone in the market for a red Trifecta cable???
The road to success is always under construction.

Offline FASTER THAN MOST

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2016, 07:44:56 PM »
the best tuner I have ever used is the owner of beyond red line performance in green bay wi I have three tuner cars one is a 09 v8 solstice coupe a 95 rx7 and a 99 eclipse all wheel dr 451 wheel horse power I am involved there and spend every day there he is a great tuner I used to drive 800 miles to get tunes but never again no need.