Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: That Damned third bolt!  (Read 1599 times)

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
That Damned third bolt!
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:57:28 PM »
I finally got my water pump and thermostat. Started taking my time and removing everything. Got to step three and started wondering why I was doing this.
The no good third bolt on the bottom of the thermo block......it going smoothly till that no good F#$@&* g  :gaah: bolt!
Just about had it out when I dropped my penlight that I was using. After 45  :banghead: minutes of working the light out, I finally got the bolt out. Then it occurred to me how the Frig am I going to put it back. My stubby fingers don't reach it too well.  :tool:
I just keep repeating......I Love my car.....I Love my car.....just wanted to express my feelings about it!  :2c:
Thanks for letting me blow off steam.
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline roxer

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: That Damned third bolt!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 03:03:43 PM »
Vaseline in a socket and on the end of the bolt or pack the bolt hole.... Rubber hose works too. I've even used thread before. All kinds of neat tricks.
2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport - Still kicking!
2008 Polar Sky Redline - Auto - Fully Loaded
2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP - Current list of Mods

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:45 AM »
Yeah it's always a pain when you get something like that.In the end though you got the job done and all works well?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 07:56:53 PM »
When I was replacing my door handle I used chewing gum to hold the bolt in the socket, this is a good idea too.

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 09:35:13 PM »
Had to walk away from my Precious, because of work and stuff at home...... something about a 36th Anniversary and working on the car didn't mix.
Got under the hood today got the front bolts out and can't get to that top bot in the back of the pump...... didn't have a 13mm wrench. Socket wouldn't fit. I will grab one from work and go from there.
Thanks for the advice. Used vasaline, gum would have worked also. 
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!