Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Fast Wheels FC04A 19x9.5 +45  (Read 5379 times)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Fast Wheels FC04A 19x9.5 +45
« on: March 21, 2017, 01:39:38 PM »
I posted this in another forum, wanting to get it over here onto kappaperformance.  I went through all this trouble so I can run inexpensive 19x9.5 wheels that are pretty much off-the-shelf.  I made a $1,000 gamble on this, it was almost a disaster but I figured it out in the end.

Diameter: 19"
Width: 9.5"
Offset: +45mm
Tire Size: 275/35R19 Ventus V12

Concentric spacer required, hub is 65.1mm

Long story short, these wheels require a modification.  You be the judge as to how difficult it is depending on your resources and knowledge. Technically, I was able to get the front wheels fit, but mostly likely because the Big Brake rotor is slightly thicker (also, the hub cap wouldn't snap so I machined them anyway).

FCO4A in Titanium:

Final result:

Front Stick Out:

Rear Stick Out:

Trial Fit:

Machine ~5mm off non-structural part of hub see image, this is the part that hits the wheel:

This shows both the shiney machined surface, and the 2nd downside of the CV axle stick out.  I painted the CV axle threads and nut with some flat black paint and blends well:

These wheels on the dyno!

2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: Fast Wheels FC04A 19x9.5 +45
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 06:54:28 PM »
Just weighed them compared to stock:

Qty 1 Stock 18" with 245 Rapter = 49.8 lbs + small ratchet strap

Qty 1 Fast wheel and tire combo above = 48.3 lbs + small ratchet strap

Consider going to a wider tire with these wheels does not yield a penalty [regarding unsprung weight].
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.