Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Used Dashhawk? Or Something Newer?  (Read 2277 times)

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Used Dashhawk? Or Something Newer?
« on: March 28, 2017, 05:58:09 PM »
We're about to replace the computer in our 2008 GMC Sierra. The only real painful part of the repair is having to go to the dealer for a CASE relearn. I understand the Dashhawk has the relearn capability. Of course, the Dashhawk is now obsolete. So, what is everybody using instead? Or, does anyone want to sell their used Dashhawk? Enquiring minds want to know.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
Re: Used Dashhawk? Or Something Newer?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
I use HPT for most of my stuff, but for Portable one, I use the Dashboss, which is made by multiple people who used to work for the company that made the Dashhawk

Offline blackbirdracing

• Master Tech
  • Kappa Newb
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:41:10 PM »
Hp tuners now has an Ngauge.

Data logging for lots of sensors and data.

Hold up to 4 tunes as well

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:20:00 AM »
I don't see myself doing a lot of custom tuning. This is intended more for maintenance and repair. I've looked at the Dashboss and it seems to offer everything I'm looking for. Plus, my old Diablosport allows me to tweak the tune on the truck. Thanks for the input, guys.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:03:12 AM »
I also use Dashboss, elff inspired me but also he was the delivery man for it. I loved it.
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 11:10:24 AM »
Dashboss looks like it's going to be the winner. I'll be ordering it soon. Thanks to all of you who lent your expertise.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2017, 09:52:46 PM »
Unfortunately, DashBoss is a no-go for me. The literature on Amazon led me to believe it's compatible with Apple. It did not say you must use an Apple as a monitor. This household is not an Apple location! Windows and Android, and the Android belongs to GXPsy. Yep...I sure can see her loaning me her phone for the day so I can play with our cars.  :-)  I found a used DashHawk that should be delivered soon. It's compatible with all of the GM CANbus in our driveway: 2 Solstice, 1 TBSS, 1GTO, and 1 GMC Sierra. The primary use will be for the CASE Relearn capability. The monitor functions are just extra icing on the cake.

Thank you all for your input. It's appreciated.
Go N.A.K.3.D..