Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Flowmaster muffler  (Read 238 times)

Offline Danny_Boy1946

• Apprentice/Gofer
Flowmaster muffler
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:01:16 AM »
Hey I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a solstice gxp and I want to make the exhaust louder so I was looking for a performance muffler to put on the stock gxp duel outlet pipes but I haven't found one that fits because the inlet pipe goes into the middle of the muffler. I don't want to pay $800+ for a nice aftermarket cat back system because I only really care about sound. I saw another forum where some guys installed flowmaster mufflers an did custom piping but nobody talked about how they made it fit. Does anyone have pictures or advice of a setup with aftermarket mufflers or maybe know of a muffler that would fit?
-Danny

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Flowmaster muffler
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 11:22:54 AM »
Dan, after the years of service and top notch products that Solo-Performance has provided to this community it's hard to recommend anything but their products. Solo offers an axle back kit for the NA but I don't see one for the GXP on their site. Call Jeff there and see what he can do for you, you'll find him very accommodating.

http://solo-performance.com/pe-solstice-24-na-axle-back
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Online tallcraig

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 02:27:28 PM »
Exhaust dump sounds great ! ... or maybe I dreamed it. Seriously, Solo is great!
"Little Miss Sunshine" or "Yellow Bastard"

Offline jackie

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Tech
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 11:08:12 PM »
Youtube has a guy that unhooked his system just before the muffler to see how it sounded.  I believe the turbo without a mufler might quiet it down enough to make you happy.  I'm considering giving this a try myself.  Why don't you try it first and see what happens
I won't ask if you are from Texas...that would be rude.  If you are, you already would have mentioned it.  If you aren't, I don't want to embarrass you.

Offline Danny_Boy1946

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »
Thanks for the helpful replies. I'll call solo performance and try a straightpipe before getting custom piping

Offline jackie

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2017, 10:42:42 PM »
I went to the muffler shop yesterday to have my muffler removed. The guy said there wasnt enough room for him to do it. I had him give me two 90 degree bends. I went home and whacked them up and made a "T". I will revisit muffler man next saturday and report back to this thread.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:40:56 PM by jackie »
I won't ask if you are from Texas...that would be rude.  If you are, you already would have mentioned it.  If you aren't, I don't want to embarrass you.

Offline jackie

• Lifetime Supporting
  • Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2017, 11:34:47 AM »
I got it installed.  Here is the soundcheck     The first rev is to 6k and the second one is to 3k.  It is pretty stock quiet when going 70 mph in 5th gear.  It sounds kinda like an indy car when you are reaching the redline going thru the gears
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 11:38:31 AM by jackie »