Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: new member needing tech help with this website  (Read 2243 times)

Offline jackie

• Premium Member
  • Tech
new member needing tech help with this website
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:15:24 PM »
Hey everybody,  I am new here.  I just sold a 99 ls1 miata that I put together in my garage with a stick welder and a 4 inch grinder.  I fabbed up some custom fiberglass rear fenders and it had 315's on the rear.  I used the cash to begin my new project....a Saturn Sky Redline that will most likely be a LS powered twin turbo beast with much wider tires on the back.

One of the main complaints most folks have is that the cupholders are awful (and I agree).  I reworked my console so that it has a pair of cupholders in it.  I took a lot of pics and would like to post it for others to copy.  It turned out so well and made so much sense, I bet someone else has already done it.  I can't figure out how to post pictures on this website.  When I click on the tool above for adding images it just gives me a couple of box marks with the letters img underlined in red  and I dont know what to do.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I won't ask if you are from Texas...that would be rude.  If you are, you already would have mentioned it.  If you aren't, I don't want to embarrass you.

Offline Johnny_gxp

• Quick Shifter
  • Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: new member needing tech help with this website
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 10:41:23 PM »
Are you using a phone? It almost never works on a mobile phone. Use a computer and it should work fine. If you're on a computer I have no clue.

BUT I do have a LS6 with 31k miles if you need it  :D

Best of luck

-Johnny
Aggressive '08 Solstice GXP

Offline jackie

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:57:40 PM »
I believe the square up top above the text box that says insert image if for putting those cartoon images into this text box.  The option for "attachments and other options" below this text box just gives me the options of ....notify me of replies, dont use smileys and return to this topic.   

I won't ask if you are from Texas...that would be rude.  If you are, you already would have mentioned it.  If you aren't, I don't want to embarrass you.

Offline jackie

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 10:58:35 PM »
I forgot to mention that I am on a computer.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 11:15:09 PM »
You will need to host the image someplace on the web.  Copy the address of where the image is stored.  Use the image icon and paste the address in the middle, you should see something like this:
 [ img]image address goes here [/img]

Option two become a supporting member of the forum, use the attachment tool and post the pic right to the forum.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2017, 11:16:38 PM »
Unless you are a supporting (paid) member, you don't have the ability to post pictures directly to the forum. You need to post them to an image hosting web site, and then paste the url of the picture between those image tags you mentioned in your first post.

Hope this helps a bit.

:idk:

EDIT:  OK SA beat me by a minute and a half, but his explanation was better.

:idk:

Aggressive #000741

Offline jackie

• Premium Member
  • Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2017, 11:26:46 PM »
Ok I will pony up some cash to give the site so I can make their site better.  Sounds like a win/win for them.  I appreciate the info guys.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:07:24 AM »
Ok I will pony up some cash to give the site so I can make their site better.  Sounds like a win/win for them.  I appreciate the info guys.
Win win win!!!

You'll find lots of good info here.

Also- there is a dual cup holder center console available. I'm interested to see your too!
Make the right choices now

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 09:12:47 AM »
Welcome again to the forum Jackie and as the other guys said, the easies way to post pics on the site and enjoy the other benefits is to become a supporting member or even a lifetime supporting member.

http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=treasury

Thanks and yes it's a win win for all.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 09:53:18 AM »
Hey everybody,  I am new here.  I just sold a 99 ls1 miata that I put together in my garage with a stick welder and a 4 inch grinder.  I fabbed up some custom fiberglass rear fenders and it had 315's on the rear.  I used the cash to begin my new project....a Saturn Sky Redline that will most likely be a LS powered twin turbo beast with much wider tires on the back.

One of the main complaints most folks have is that the cupholders are awful (and I agree).  I reworked my console so that it has a pair of cupholders in it.  I took a lot of pics and would like to post it for others to copy.  It turned out so well and made so much sense, I bet someone else has already done it.  I can't figure out how to post pictures on this website.  When I click on the tool above for adding images it just gives me a couple of box marks with the letters img underlined in red  and I dont know what to do.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

imgur.com does not require an account, just upload the pictures and it gives you a link. There should be an imgur app for  a phone.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2017, 08:24:33 PM »
Welcome to the forum and thanks for your support.