Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Anyone Still Autocrossing your Kappa?  (Read 1360 times)

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
Anyone Still Autocrossing your Kappa?
« on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:02 AM »
All,

I'm still autocrossing the Sol and having a blast except for the high output all wheel drives in my class, B-Street.  The Focus RS and WRX have far more horsepower and all wheel drive.  I'm wondering if anyone here is in the same fix and want to join a campaign to motion that SCCA move the NA Kapa to a more appropriate class. This class assignment looks like it is years old and certainly before the Focus and WRX foes.

Comments?

Clear Skies!
Scanner

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Anyone Still Autocrossing your Kappa?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 12:26:17 PM »
The Kappa certainly shouldn't be in any class with all wheel drive cars. With the organization being as tight as they are with the rules I would think this would be an easy sell.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Silver -V-

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »
My daughter still campaigns in A Street. Not too fair for her to compete against my C6 Z06, and Camaro 1LE's. Fortunately, she can run in ladies class, but the PAX kills her against other cars which are better classed.

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:06:14 PM »
Yes the Turbo Kappa's are another group that is now out dated with A-Street classification. A good argument is needed and suggestion probably to get a re-class.
Scanner

Offline slab8

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 12:08:32 AM »
I'm autocrossing my base Solstice, but I'm in CAM-S because the "do pretty much anything so long as it's a street car still" rules suit my needs.

Offline scanner

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »
Dbl tap too easy on phone ....
Clear Skies
Scanner