Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Public Service Announcement - Dorman Products Price Fixing  (Read 1298 times)

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Public Service Announcement - Dorman Products Price Fixing
« on: July 28, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »
FYI - from RockAuto's current newsletter: http://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/?a=NewsletterLinkEmail, quoted below, since the newsletter changes monthly...

Dorman, a supplier to RockAuto for more than fifteen years, now demands all retailers sell at the same price (or higher) -- or not sell at all. The policy looks like an attempt to protect auto part chain stores and their "charge double what we paid" mark-ups, in the face of slowing sales and plunging stock prices.

RockAuto is an independent, family-owned retailer. We work hard to provide reliably low prices, on all the parts your car will ever need. Our customers depend on their vehicles to get to work, school and all the other places life takes them. We will not participate in any scheme to force consumers to pay higher prices.

Over the next few weeks, we will remove the affected Dorman parts from our catalog. Customers who purchased them in the past may obtain warranty replacements, if needed, through our Order Status & Returns page. We hope customers who need parts in the future will support us, and manufacturers who offer honest, affordable prices, by purchasing other brands.

Dorman letter here: http://static.dormanproducts.com/document/eMRP/eMRPPolicy.pdf
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
Re: Public Service Announcement - Dorman Products Price Fixing
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 03:53:46 PM »
To be honest, every Dorman product I've bought over the years has been pretty much worth exactly what I paid Rock Auto for it (or less).  IMHO, their products are shyte   

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 03:00:26 PM »
Rockauto will continue to take my money with that type of attitude.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2017, 05:30:16 PM »
Great info here!
Make the right choices now

Offline 2kwk4u

• not really THAT quick
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
    • '06 Solstice bits and pieces photo gallery
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2017, 06:19:15 PM »
To clarify my above post, Rock Auto is awesome.  Dorman (in my experience) is garbage.