Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2017 SCCA National Championships  (Read 1407 times)

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
2017 SCCA National Championships
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:49:50 PM »
This Friday, Saturday, and Sunday,  28 Classes in 24 races.  There's a couple of Solstices entered into STU and another couple in T4, both races on Sunday afternoon.  All races will be streamed from the runoffs page, right column.

This is the first time they have ever run on the Indianapolis road track, the same as was used by F1 and also by Indycar.

This is amateur road racing at it's best.

https://www.scca.com/runoffs

https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net/user_files/scca/downloads/000/037/858/17-Runoffs-Schedule-Rev-0926.pdf?1506465037

Aggressive #000741

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: 2017 SCCA National Championships
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:08:33 AM »
Sounds like fun. Are you running your car?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 09:55:54 AM »
Heaven forbid that I take mine out on the track. One of the Solstices in the T4 class is entered by a guy that has been on Solsticeforum for a long time.  I think he races out of the NE region of the country. As I type this his name escapes me.  :idk:

EDIT: Matt Downing and Michael Dalton in T4 with NA Solstices, Ray Huffmaster and Charles Tobel in STU with Solstice GXPs.  Rob Huffmaster, Ray's son, qualified on the STU pole with a 2006 Honda S2000. Ray is a bit behind (3 seconds).

EDIT2: Matt Downing participates occasionally on Solsticeforum. Here's his take on last years race where he finished last (accident): http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f48/scca-national-championship-runoffs-mid-ohio-t4-results-133730/

I'll be watching from my computer!

:thumbs:

« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:39:55 PM by DaveOC »
Aggressive #000741

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 12:12:51 PM »
That sounds like a lot of fun,  good luck
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 08:40:12 PM »
In STU (Super Touring Under 2 liter) Ray Huffmaster came in 2nd, about 4 secounds behind the winner in his Solstice GXP. This car was National Champion in 2012 in the hands of his son, Rob Huffmaster.  Charles Tobel finished 25th, 11 laps down, not running at the finish, also in a Solstice GXP.

In T4, Matt Downing finished 22nd and Michael Dalton finished 31st, Both in NA Solstices.

Next year the National Championships will be at Sonoma Raceway in California, October 15 to 21, 2018.

Wish I could have reported better results, but that's racing.

:thumbs:

Aggressive #000741