Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Need Help Fixing My Solstice  (Read 999 times)

Offline Red17NY

• Apprentice/Gofer
Need Help Fixing My Solstice
« on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:16 AM »
Hi Gang -

I have a 2006 Solstice.  When I pop open the trunk to release the convertible top, one side of the top will not release.  I went on to youtube and learned how to get the one side released, which I did.   Now I just need to figure out what part I need to replace and how to fix it.   

Welcome any and all help.  Need to fix this before winter sets in.

Thank you.

Offline U4EA

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Need Help Fixing My Solstice
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 06:26:53 PM »
Try this: http://www.kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php/topic,6055.0.html
Some have used a cable tie or tie wrap instead of the lead sinker.
2007 Mysterious GXP Hard Loaded (all factory options avail. in 2007)
Trifecta Tune, GMPP Tune, GMPP CAI, Gm splash guards, Magnaflow 3" catback, DDM Race Backbone, "A" pillar gauge pod, Kapparoo pouch, Lil' Chromies, Gorgeous mirror, JPM center console & center grab handle, Windrestrictor V2 etched & lighted, Carolina Custom Upholstery door pockets, Kappakrap T2 decals, Custom front license plate relocation, Latin Venom Cooler, Fitted luggage, MBRP intercooler pipes, heat shield.

Online Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Need Help Fixing My Solstice
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 10:41:08 AM »
Yeah, that was the fix. I haven't had the issue yet but at least when I do it'll be an easy fix. Haven't got any split shot lead sinkers but my neighbour does.    :D
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!