Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Newbie to the group - in MD  (Read 1451 times)

Offline HSCoach

• Apprentice/Gofer
Newbie to the group - in MD
« on: November 07, 2017, 12:32:54 AM »
Hello all - I'm new to the Kappa crowd with the purchase of my NA 2007 Z0K Solstice in BR Green. It has around 60K on it and someone has swapped out the stock Bilstein's with Koni's. It seems quite a bit low in the front, so could also have had a spring change.

I recently tracked it at the new Dominion Speedway near Fredericksburg, VA twice and found the handling not up to par. Not enough oversteer to make it neutral enough for my taste at speed.Front Koni's are at soft, rears are full hard.

I believe my "Starting Point" will be to determine what springs it has on it currently. I'm likely going to lower the rate in the front, reduce the front bar size or increase the rear spring rate to get my Koni's back to somewhat closer to a middle setting all around.

BTW, my "stage name" HSCoach, is due to my propensity to help unsuspecting students get the most from their track-day experiences. I work mostly with the SCCA in Washington D.C., at Summit Point, South Jersey, Pocono, Watkins Glen, and soon VIR.This coaching has been a habit for the past nine years. I have 17 autos and one truck. Looking forward to learning from this bunch! Thanks!!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Newbie to the group - in MD
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:21:29 AM »
Great to have you here and part of the forum, welcome!
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline HSCoach

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 06:51:19 AM »
Thank you Sly Bob - I'm interested in understanding the model nomenclature of the KAPPA lineage - can you point me in that direction? FE2, FE3 none of this makes any sense to me yet!

:roll:

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:25:49 AM »
I hate sending you to a different forum, but this message on solsticeforum has a table in it that details all the suspension parts and pieces that were supplied by GM for our cars. The message was written by the Ride/Handling engineer that developed the Solstice/Sky suspension.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/877839-post1.html

Questions? Ask away!

:thumbs:

Aggressive #000741

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:42:24 AM »
Welcome, a stock ZOK should be fairly neutral.  FE2 is the stock NA suspension, FE3 the GXP suspension.  ZOK was a limited edition club racer built for the track.  What all has been done to yours besides the shocks?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 12:04:35 PM »
If I remember correctly the ZOK for the NA = FE3 and the ZOK for GXP was an even higher performance set up.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 01:43:24 PM »
Welcome Coach!!  :yay:

The base Solstice with Z0K is the same thing as a GXP with the FE3 suspension  :slap:

GXP with Z0K is the stiffest setup from GM, and not the same thing as the base with Z0K.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:46:31 PM by Steelmesh »
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline normsf

• Vendor
  • Master Tech
  • Norms Fiberglass
    • Norms Fiberglass
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2017, 11:22:59 PM »
Hello and welcome to the group, thanks from Norm

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 09:03:44 PM »
Welcome track coach, no pictures yet??? Indeed newbie.  :rofl:
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!