Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 09 Pontiac Solstice Exterior Lights won't turn off  (Read 1356 times)

Offline NJL424

• Apprentice/Gofer
09 Pontiac Solstice Exterior Lights won't turn off
« on: April 04, 2018, 03:37:31 PM »
Hi all, recently my 09 Pontiac Solstice has been acting up. The turn signal would not disengage or sometimes have trouble engaging, but I already have the replacement part coming in the next several days.
Now, whenever I turn off the car and open the door, the door chime beeps a lot faster than the usual key still in ignition chimes. After shutting the door and locking the car, the rear and front lights remain on forever. This killed my battery a couple times. I tried pulling every fuse and cable harness to figure out which system is triggering this. Only the BCM fuse in the engine bay, or the BCM harness in the passenger footwell will stop the chiming. Any thoughts on this? Does the car still think its supposed to be running even though it is turned off and locked? Thanks!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: 09 Pontiac Solstice Exterior Lights won't turn off
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:06:17 PM »
My initial thought is a weak battery.  That can cause all kinds of havoc with the ECM and BCM.   Fully charge the battery and load test it.  If all is good, then make sure it is disconnected from the car for at least a half hour before you hook it back up.  That should reset everything.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
Like Critter said weak batteries can cause all kinds of problems.  How old is the battery?  It might be time to replace it.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 09:31:57 PM »
I had this exact same issue.  I could disconnect the battery and the ECU and when I reconnected it, the external lights would come back on.

Basically it's a computer issue
"Did you turn it off and on again?"

But this time The BCM [Not ECU] needed to be rebooted. 

Offline NJL424

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2018, 09:25:51 AM »
I'm am idiot....  I let the battery stay disconnected over a day, but turns out that wasn't the problem. While switching out my old turn signal for the new one, I realized the headlight switch was at "On" instead of "Auto". I never take the headlights off Auto, so I'm not sure how it got switched to On. Thanks for the Replies!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2018, 01:16:49 PM »
So since Elff had the exact same issue, his was because he wasn't tall enough to see what position the switch was in.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2018, 05:52:19 PM »
Well not the exact issue, I guess.  LOL  I had a toothpick ladder that I used to climb up to my switch and turn it to the auto setting.