Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New Member / Sarasota, FL  (Read 2103 times)

Offline HORNET1

• Apprentice/Gofer
    • Dave's Saturn Drive-In
New Member / Sarasota, FL
« on: June 05, 2018, 11:41:44 AM »
I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with all of you. I own a 2007 Sky Redline. I suppose it could be called my over-the-hill toy. I am retired and live in beautiful Sarasota, FL. If any of you have occasion to visit the area, let's meet for a cup of coffee or a cold brew. Just let me know and we can set a place and time. I haven't figured out how to post pics on this site yet, so here is the link to the webpage for my car: http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/3658/

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: New Member / Sarasota, FL
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 12:14:29 PM »
I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas with all of you. I own a 2007 Sky Redline. I suppose it could be called my over-the-hill toy. I am retired and live in beautiful Sarasota, FL. If any of you have occasion to visit the area, let's meet for a cup of coffee or a cold brew. Just let me know and we can set a place and time. I haven't figured out how to post pics on this site yet, so here is the link to the webpage for my car: http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/3658/

Welcome!  We all love pictures  :yay:

That is a sharp looking kappa, wild style!

From that webiste, I right-click save image address then used the text editor here to paste it between the html tags like this:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://media.americantorque.com/photos/2018/02/26/Redline_9_2.jpg[/img]
For other images on your PC, I'd recommend imgur.com or kek.gg to host publically displayed images for free, a great trick is to have your File Explorer window open with the pictures you want to upload and then drag-drop the file onto the image hosting webpage; imgur will also begin upload and provide a direct link to the image. 
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 12:17:59 PM by Steelmesh »
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:43:45 PM »
Welcome to Kappa Performance, it's great to have you here on the site. Lots of us old guys here, retired and otherwise. Love the car, is that vinyl or paint down the side?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 03:47:06 PM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline HORNET1

• Apprentice/Gofer
    • Dave's Saturn Drive-In
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 04:06:39 PM »
Thanks for the shout out, guys.
It's painted.
I experimented with plastidip until I got the design I wanted and then had it professionally painted in a semi-gloss black. It sure gets a lot of looks and It's won several trophies in local car shows. I love my Kappa, but the wife hates it. She's a Jeep gal  :)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 05:43:57 AM »
Looks great, welcome to the forum.  Nice HP numbers, what do you have for a tune?

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:47:15 AM »
Looks great, welcome to the forum.  Nice HP numbers, what do you have for a tune?
I’m guessing he is a Marvin Gaye / Nine inch Nails tune guy.

Make the right choices now

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 01:12:05 PM »
I’m guessing he is a Marvin Gaye / Nine inch Nails tune guy.

I am surprised you knew that what with your head like a hole, did you maybe hear that through the grapevine?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 08:05:35 PM by Sol Asylum »
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline HORNET1

• Apprentice/Gofer
    • Dave's Saturn Drive-In
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 04:25:05 PM »
Thanks for the welcome.
It's just a simple Trifecta tune with a low restriction cat that was already installed when I bought the car. I really don't know that much about it other than to say it's quite peppy enough for this ol' man  :lol:

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 05:23:57 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Solar

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2018, 09:07:44 PM »

Very nice!

I am currently in Ft. Lauderdale.  My parents live in Sarasota so I go there often.  I will try to make my next trip up there with the Soltice and hit ya up.