Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: turbo outlet gasket replacement  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
turbo outlet gasket replacement
« on: June 07, 2018, 04:04:51 PM »
I tried a search, and found nothing that would help me with this. GXPsy has blown out the gasket between the turbo, and the downpipe (catcon). The original is a flat multi layer, or at least appears to be multi layer. The superceded part available from GM is a round steel donut type that appears to be intended to install in a machined lip on either one, or both of the parts. Have any of you had experience with this yet? I have a message into DDM, but am continuing to research this as much as I can. Help. How do I get the Mrs back on the road? Thanks.
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: turbo outlet gasket replacement
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:18:43 PM »
Addendum.....I just spoke to Dave from DDM. The problem is the Solo Hi Flow cat. It has a flat flange, while the factory cat has a recessed lip. I need to contact Solo for the new gasket. Thank you, Dave!
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:55:38 PM »
had the same thing a few years back, got a new gasket from Solo also

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:54:56 AM »
Jeff at Solo has once again come through big time. He's sending 2 gaskets to us asap. I love those guys!
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:05 AM »
Solo mailed the gasket on a Friday. It was in my mailbox on Monday. Wow. I installed it Tuesday and Pat drove GXPsy to work Wednesday. The engine also seemed to run more smoothly, and a bit stronger. I'm guessing the exhaust leak was sucking fresh air in and causing the frequent "lean at idle" codes we've been experiencing. The Mrs is back to happy camper status!
Go N.A.K.3.D..

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2018, 08:27:35 PM »
If you were monitoring the car with HP Tuners, that exhaust leak would have been causing your STFT's to jump all over the place

So I bet it feels like you added 30HP right now.

Offline Rogue

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2018, 08:57:27 AM »
Elff, you're correct about that! Smoother idle, quicker tip-in, and wot improvements.
Go N.A.K.3.D..