Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: new guy with '07 GXP  (Read 1547 times)

Offline oldguydb

• Premium Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
new guy with '07 GXP
« on: September 02, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »
Hello All,

New member here. My Wife and I recently bought a 3,216 mile '07 GXP.

Looking for a best bang per buck recipe for "bolt on" stock turbocharger performance upgrades.

Thanks.
Dave
« Last Edit: September 02, 2018, 12:58:22 PM by oldguydb »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: new guy with '07 GXP
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
Welcome!
The biggest bang for the buck in tuning would be the Trifecta budget tune. It's not going to squeeze every last horsepower out of the engine but you'll notice a marked difference in performance.

She's a beauty, too bad the original owner didn't enjoy the car more but it's certainly good for you that he didn't.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline oldguydb

• Premium Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 10:58:34 AM »
Thanks!

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 09:07:06 AM »
 :2c:Welcome oldguydb!!!
As far as performance, also think about the handling. I installed the Brace bundle set up from DDM Works. There are three different add on's for our cars and it works great. First is the Backbone brace, There is a plate that runs down the middle of the car for support , (side to side), the GM one is a bit anemic it stamped, very thin. I used the 3/8" plate no new bolts needed. Just use the existing ones. Second there is the Probeam it stiffens the rear end without compromising ride, third is the Latin Venom Brace, that is a bar that stiffens up the front for with the same results of non compromising the ride but improving handling. All three are bolt on parts! The probeam has you drill a hole for a center bolt but it was very easy to do!
do one part at a time drive for a few days and notice the difference! Works great! Just my  :2c: worth!
But mostly Enjoy the ride it is great!
I got mine with 4600 mi on it now 70,000 mi later and still smiling!!!  :yay:
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 11:49:56 AM »
By the way! Nice color! Sweet looking ride!!!
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!

Offline oldguydb

• Premium Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2018, 01:52:20 PM »
Thanks All.