Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: What did you do to your Kappa today! 2019  (Read 11086 times)

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
What did you do to your Kappa today! 2019
« on: February 24, 2019, 10:20:07 AM »
Thought it is a good idea to start this thread again! :D

And here we go!

Spring time in Germany and a lot to repair. :devil:

Need to replace the headlights, four tires, a door handle and the rear bumper.

Finally  the replacement for the bad quality replacement bumper has arrived from New York.
Oliver  :usa:

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
Re: What did you do to your Kappa today! 2019
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 11:33:42 AM »
Thought it is a good idea to start this thread again! :D

And here we go!

Spring time in Germany and a lot to repair. :devil:

Need to replace the headlights, four tires, a door handle and the rear bumper.

Finally  the replacement for the bad quality replacement bumper has arrived from New York.

You're more north than me and already hitting 15C!! Damn you Atlantic
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 12:38:41 PM »
You're more north than me and already hitting 15C!! Damn you Atlantic

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
Washed and protected the top with Ragg Topp.

Looks shiny and new. :cool:

Ordered two new headlights and a door handle.

My sparepart dealer is in the USA to pick up his cars and my spareparts. :devil:

Additionally I got a bad bad flu and I'm lying in my bed instead driving my car. :gaah:

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 08:25:48 PM »
Washed and protected the top with Ragg Topp.

Looks shiny and new. :cool:

Ordered two new headlights and a door handle.

My sparepart dealer is in the USA to pick up his cars and my spareparts. :devil:

Additionally I got a bad bad flu and I'm lying in my bed instead driving my car. :gaah:

Hope you feel better and also hope your dealer makes it back with the right parts  :D

I worked on finding out if my Volt has a warranty issue (GM scanner fun) and then installed a spigot on the side of my house so I have water closer to my backyard and garage...then promptly took the power washer out of winter storage and power washed the kappa supercharger.   It was in the low 50F (10C) and sunny today, feeling like spring!  I told myself the car will be driving this May, lots of work to do so I better get on it!
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 04:37:51 PM »
Hope you feel better and also hope your dealer makes it back with the right parts  :D

Thanks!

Still fighting with the aftermath of the flu (whole family has been sick). :(

The spare parts are on their way from South Carolina to Germany. :devil:

Offline Ironhide

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2019, 06:54:00 AM »
Bought the last existing wiper arm in Germany and replaced my damaged one. :(

Today we have temperatures in the upper 70's and I'll go for a spin. :devil:

Spareparts are almost here and the new replacement bumper looks much better than the last one.

Can someone tell the U.S. shipping companies not to kick spareparts around in their trucks. :slap:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2019, 09:10:41 PM »
Washed the coupe yesterday and took it to work today.  You should have seen all the heads turning.

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 07:22:42 PM »
Washed the coupe yesterday and took it to work today.  You should have seen all the heads turning.

Joe do you still have the blue car? Haven't seen it around in a while.
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 07:10:11 AM »
Yes, working on it to get the new Pioneer radio (has android auto and apple car play)  and backup camera to work properly.  The new backup camera has a series of LED lights on it that as soon as I turn the car on they are on.  So yesterday I installed an automotive relay on the reverse signal to control the power to the camera.  The radio could still see the reverse signal and switched to the camera screen but the camera didn't turn on.  I measured the voltage at the reverse signal and it was 3.4v.  Not sure why it's so low, not 12v.   Auto relay requires 12v to power the coil.  Ordered a 3v solid state relay.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 08:14:06 AM »
I'd like to get Apple Carplay as well and replace the Kenwood. Oh the Kenwood works great but Carplay would be handy. I love the way the Kenwood tilts the screen when I start it and don't want to give that up and Wireless CarPlay would be great.
Have to look around to see what's available but from what I've seen, not much...
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline marksbug

• Tech
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 01:27:20 PM »
 swaped ex cam accuator back to oe to find the oe and the new cam position sensor were bad...( well It hasent throwen any codes...yet.and the  new sensor threw a code in 3 starts. and I found the noise above 3500 that I feered could be the balance shaft chain....it was the ex manifold cover.lower bolt has nothing to hold as the cover broke around it,hard to see but when I was chaining the sensor I saw it move  a little, then found it had broke right around the bolt head,I doubt the bolt will come out,I put a small stick in there to hold it up while a tested my theroy...no more noise!! so Ill either eff with the bolt and break it offt or... use some high temp sily cone under there for a soft mount. yes it works great for things like that. Ive used it inbetween header tubes and a half tube stainless bracket that mounts something, works great for many years,and no dammage to the tube from the stainless bracket.no melt either.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2019, 12:03:18 AM »
I had to get a new Battery First one  was replaced by Dealer They said it had a bad cell 11 months old . No Charge . So it lasted almost 9 yrs. old .got Oil change and a leaking seal on valve stem repaired . Now I'm ready for Corning , NY
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2019, 01:43:33 PM »
I had to get a new Battery First one  was replaced by Dealer They said it had a bad cell 11 months old . No Charge . So it lasted almost 9 yrs. old .got Oil change and a leaking seal on valve stem repaired . Now I'm ready for Corning , NY

Heck of a battery warranty or did you mean battery had no charge as in no coulombs?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2019, 12:54:41 AM »
Heck of a battery warranty or did you mean battery had no charge as in no coulombs?

The original battery only lasted 11 months. from Dec 2008 to about middle of Oct. 2009  The one i got the other day is the First I had to buy.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Coyle

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 05:28:37 PM »
I've been abroad for a month and finally had the chance of changing the tires of my Solstice. Also thinking about changing the wheels soon. These bad European roads are keep torturing my car's tires. Sometimes I even regret to buy a car in Montenegro but it's the price of owning a real estate in Kotor. Anyway it always feels good to drive along the beach.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 07:23:21 PM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: removed url »

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2019, 08:36:50 PM »
I've been abroad for a month and finally had the chance of changing the tires of my Solstice. Also thinking about changing the wheels soon. These bad European roads are keep torturing my car's tires. Sometimes I even regret to buy a car in Montenegro but it's the price of owning a real estate in Kotor. Anyway it always feels good to drive along the beach.

Like the Tao says about materialism: The Solstice has 4 wheels and 2 seats, but it's usefulness lies in putting the top down and cruising the country side.  Or something like that  :D