Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New body kit  (Read 3067 times)

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
New body kit
« on: June 25, 2019, 11:02:52 AM »
Guess who’s working on a new body kit  for the Sky/Solstice ? It going to be like nothing else on the market right now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fate has NO choice.

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: New body kit
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 01:12:09 PM »
OK, I'm trying to think... ... ... ...
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »
Would it be Norms Fiberglass ?
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 11:11:16 PM »
Looks cool. But nope. Not Norm (this guy)

Fate has NO choice.

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
New body kit
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »
Also working on the patent right now...

Fate has NO choice.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 10:54:28 AM »
Also working on the patent right now...

You should be able to submit your own design patent application for $50, to get 'patent pending' status for a set time period (1 year I think).  The application doesn't have to be perfect either, but the final patent will need to good to get approved so you'll need to drop some major $$$.  I wrote a patent application and the attorney said it was good to submit as is. 

https://www.uspto.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USPTO%20fee%20schedule_current.pdf

You can find pro-bono legal advice if you need guidance, check out the local universities for entrepreneur support.  Also, something that inventors sometimes don't realize is, the reality is for the majority of new inventors is that no one really cares about your widget and sometimes getting a patent is a waste of time and money.  If your invention is so good and you don't have a lot of cash, there are angel investors out there who will pay for your patent once they join your company.

Also consider, Norm is beyond his capacity and has a very good reputation (although lead times are triggering to people), the last thing he will do is steal someones work.  RK sport is milking their molds, again doubtful they will steal your design.  Speaking of Norm, you should ally with him (on FB?) and see what he thinks about design patents in this market space, it's possible Norm has zero patents for his designs.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 11:15:56 AM »
Omg that is great advice man. I really Your input. I actually did consider reaching out to Norman but I was unsure. Also as a relates to a patent I would agree with you that seemingly a patent can be a waste of time. Depending on your idea of course, but in most cases as a relates to a body kit especially it could very well be a waste. I’m not sure I’ll definitely reach out to Norm any of vice is highly appreciate it

Fate has NO choice.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 01:20:10 PM »
Just a thought but a body kit might fall under the definition of "art" and as such be covered by copy write laws.  Much easier to copy write things and way less cost.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2019, 10:05:27 AM »
RK sport is milking their molds

I wonder if that includes the Aftershock ducktail spoiler?  RK made them for Aftershock, but wouldn't make one unless the order came from Aftershock.  I've been hounding Norm to offer a ducktail version but it hasn't happened.

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 09:43:47 PM »
At this point in time, do you think it's financially feasible to make a new body kit for a car that has not been made for a decade?
Just thinking about the research and development costs, vs the potential customers, especially considering how many owners leave their bodies stock.

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 01:09:00 AM »
At this point in time, do you think it's financially feasible to make a new body kit for a car that has not been made for a decade?
Just thinking about the research and development costs, vs the potential customers, especially considering how many owners leave their bodies stock.
Perhaps I miss spoke when I said body kit.  In the sense that I am dramatically changing what’s there. Think of it more as

“Taking what’s already there rather and Enhancing it. Making subtle changes that dramatically give the Existing car  a more “exotic look”.

Fate has NO choice.

Offline marksbug

• Tech
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 03:52:42 PM »
 Ive seen a few that have that erotic look......as in....effed up. and some that were done right too!!!

Offline RedOne07

• Tech
  • Solstice Agressive Red 2007 2.4
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2019, 11:11:45 AM »
In how many days/weeks/months can you show us some images ?

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 11:11:14 PM »
I could offer a sneak peek I guess. If I  get enough interest.

Fate has NO choice.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2019, 11:18:56 AM »
From a marketing standpoint, you should make sure there is enough interest in your product before you go through all of the expense of developing and trying to sell it.  The easiest way to do that is going to be showing people what you have to offer.

Having been around this platform since the beginning I am guessing you will have a limited amount of interest and that number will probably drop further once people find out pricing.  I am not trying to talk you out of this project in fact I hope to see you prosper, but the reality is what it is and the better you know what that reality is the better you can plan things out.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Minihawn

• Tech
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 01:32:18 PM »
Thank you for you’re insight! I am humbled. I have a ton Of logistics. This is a win win for me. Either way, I’ll have one of the coolest Sky’s around. Update coming soon:

Fate has NO choice.