Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello Good People!!!!  (Read 4212 times)

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
Hello Good People!!!!
« on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:59 AM »
As one of my fav actors Robert Redford in the movie "The Great Waldo Pepper" once said! :D

Another "Kappa" Lover here!

I'm a motorhead born and raised in Detroit and took a LOOOONG 33 year vacation in So Cal.
Moved to South Carolina this past May 19 because California got too KRAAAZY expensive for me and i won't even get into the KRAZIER political climate....but.....that state is Out of Control in many ways, wasn't like that when I moved there in 1986.

So far I LOVE the South, first time I've lived here and yes most people are very friendly with that "Southern Hospitality.  :D

Anyway I just bought a SUPER CLEAN Red 2007 Pontiac Solstice 2.4, 5 Speed manual one owner garaged with only 51,000 miles.Runs well, everything works, top is in VERY good condition.
I've owned over 70 cars so far in my life (not all at once, unfortunately I'm not that rich)
Anyway glad to be here and hope I can lend a hand and answer some questions once in awhile.
I'm gonna try to post some pics here.....

Can't figure out how to post pics from my PC? Anyone?
When I go to "Modify" and click on "Attachments and Other Options" it doesn't give me any options?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 10:51:59 AM by CarolinaSolstice »
Look up and read Charles Swindol "Attitude"

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
Re: Hello Good People!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 06:48:00 PM »
Wow...33 views and not one "Welcome" .......are you guys shy??  :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:51:11 PM by CarolinaSolstice »

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 07:33:24 PM »
Must be.

To post pics they will need to be hosted some place on the web then you can link to them.  Supporting members can post direct to the forum.  There are other benefits to being a supporting member, if you find the forum beneficial I recommend looking into it.  There used to be a help thread explaining posting pics.

If the Romanian guy ever sobers up :poke: he will probably be asking for pics of your car.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 12:58:32 AM »
Welcome : Carolina Solstice   to the Kappa Performance  Forum , Hope you learn something here . If you have questions most might have an answer for you.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 12:35:56 PM by 1LILNDN »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 02:05:49 AM »
Must be.

To post pics they will need to be hosted some place on the web then you can link to them.  Supporting members can post direct to the forum.  There are other benefits to being a supporting member, if you find the forum beneficial I recommend looking into it.  There used to be a help thread explaining posting pics.

If the Romanian guy ever sobers up :poke: he will probably be asking for pics of your car.

Ok...Thanks!

Do you folks ever host a yearly "Get Together" or a "Rally" somewhere?
Would be interesting to see what other members have done to their rides and go for a BIG ride together.
Just a suggestion.....the "Tail of the Dragon" in GEORGIA has some great roads......or anywhere in the Blue Ridge Mountains
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 02:12:30 AM by CarolinaSolstice »

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 02:07:49 AM »
Welcome : Carolina Solstice   to the Kappa Performance , Forum  Hope you learn something here . If you have questions most might have an answer you.

Ok...Thanks!

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2019, 07:37:31 AM »
Welcome!

Sold my Kappa 8 years ago, but I still hang around here. Firm advocate of LS swapping any and all Kappas, still can't fathom why you'd want half an engine...  :poke:
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2019, 01:53:03 PM »
Welcome!

Sold my Kappa 8 years ago, but I still hang around here. Firm advocate of LS swapping any and all Kappas, still can't fathom why you'd want half an engine...  :poke:

Because if it was all about speed I'd still have my Hemi Challenger!  :D
and that BIG HEAVY V8 effects the handling and feel of the front end.

Like in a AC Cobra......the 427 is worth more but I'd rather have a 302/5.0 up front.

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2019, 01:55:02 PM »
Hey welcome!

The major Kappa meet will be NASSAM: https://www.nassam2020.com/
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2019, 02:16:50 PM »
Hey welcome!

The major Kappa meet will be NASSAM: https://www.nassam2020.com/

Thanks for the tip and Looks like fun but I have to say...$149.00 a night for a room in South Dakota!!??  :huh:  :D
Think I might wait until it comes back a little closer to The Blue Ridge Mountains/Parkway.....Tail of the Dragon area would be fun........I can't see going to a "sports car" club meet in Vegas for instance where there are no good roads to drive, I've been there many times.I know it's not ALL about the roads but it should INCLUDE areas with good roads.

I also want to drive up to Detroit In August for my FIRST "Woodward Dream Cruise" can't miss seeing over 400,000 cars from all over the country!

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2019, 04:39:29 PM »
That might be around the time of Sturgis which would be why the prices are what they are. :idk:
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2019, 06:27:46 PM »
Because if it was all about speed I'd still have my Hemi Challenger!  :D
and that BIG HEAVY V8 effects the handling and feel of the front end.

Like in a AC Cobra......the 427 is worth more but I'd rather have a 302/5.0 up front.

I forget the exact numbers, but I seem to remember that an LS1 weighs within 100lbs of an LNF...at that point the extra power is worth it IMO. Upgrade the heads/cam/stroke in that LS1 and the argument tilts even more in favor of accepting that extra 100 lbs...

And I hear you on the smallblock in a Cobra argument though. I'll still maintain that big blocks have their place, it's just not in something that small/light.

That being said, the wife's Charger handles way better than a big heavy sedan out to, and that 392 will embarrass quite a few cars...
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2019, 09:51:18 AM »
We were remiss, welcome to the forum.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2019, 12:48:51 AM »
I've been away! 
Actually, I was put away.  Like what you do with a pair of socks.  Someone put me in a drawer and I couldn't get out.  That's why my welcome is a bit delayed.

Most of your initial questions have been answered, but here is my take -

Biggest get together is NASSM.  It is impressive with several hundred cars all in one place.  All different mod levels from bone stock to wild rides. 

I am in SoCal.  Where about were you before you left?  I'm in San Diego.  I love it.  The crazy doesn't cause me any grief, the weather is pleasant, the car communities here are astonishing, no one has ever tried to take away my guns, and my hair has mostly all fallen out. 

Posing pictures - using a hosting site as someone mentioned, but if you are planning on hanging around here a bit - I would suggest becoming a supporting member.  Makes pictures much easier.  More importantly - and this is a big one - this site is NOT owned by some giant web hosting company.  One guy owns this site and a few fellow Kappa enthusiasts help keep it going.  Joe often doesn't even break even on the site for the year.  He doesn't do it for the money.  He does it because he and his wife love their cars and this community.  Your support would go a long way to keep all this going.  (sorry if that sounds sales-pitchy.  Just wanted you to know).

There it is.  Welcome to the crazy world of KPF.  We are not your normal forum.  We are full of info, helpful people, sarcastic wise asses (points finger at self) and good people.

Gentleman Jack
Make the right choices now

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2019, 05:11:21 PM »
I am in SoCal.  Where about were you before you left?  I'm in San Diego.  I love it.  The crazy doesn't cause me any grief, the weather is pleasant, the car communities here are astonishing, no one has ever tried to take away my guns, and my hair has mostly all fallen out. 
I spent 25 years in MENIFEE, just North of Temecula.
33 years total with a few in the Riverside area.

I loved it too but just got too crazy expensive...not just property and housing...EVERYTHING!
I had a $680 electric bill for one month July 2018 in a 1785 sq ft house setting the thermostat to a conserving 78 degrees!
THAT was the straw that broke the camels back as they say for me.
California is the only state I believe that has those insane 5 tier electricity rates with the more you use the more you pay.
Now I heard they went to tiered water rates.....nothing like paying $350 a month for water!
Every year over $4.00 a gallon for gas.....you name it, it was 3 times as expensive as other states, I was just done wasting my money for some sunshine.
The weather here in South Carolina is almost as good and my property taxes on a ACRE of land and a 3 bed 2 bath 1500 sq ft brick home that I paid $115,000 for are only $500 a year......I fill up the car for $2.09 a gallon......a sit down home cooked dinner is $8 or $9.00.
Yeah, wages are less but EVERYTHING being cheaper more than makes up for it.
I have a couple hours access to mountains and the Atlantic...just like California.

Glad you like it though, life is too short to be unhappy!

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 04:42:52 AM »
Wow...33 views and not one "Welcome" .......are you guys shy??  :D

You have been warned ....

So many replies and no picture?  Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 03:23:13 PM »
I told him Kelu...
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
imgbb.com is a free site that is kind of optimized for sharing pics on forums.

Welcome

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 12:59:25 PM »
You have been warned ....

So many replies and no picture?  Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Here you go, this site like all the others I belong to allow you to post pics right off the bat.....not complaining, just saying......
https://www.solsticeforum.com/threads/my-new-to-me-baby.160120/#post-2200389

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 08:53:04 PM »
Here you go, this site like all the others I belong to allow you to post pics right off the bat.....not complaining, just saying......
https://www.solsticeforum.com/threads/my-new-to-me-baby.160120/#post-2200389

That site is a from a large data-mining ad-crazed conglomerate that can afford such luxuries to lure more folks in...This site is literally a mom and pop setup...
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins

Offline CarolinaSolstice

• Tech
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2019, 12:09:48 AM »
That site is a from a large data-mining ad-crazed conglomerate that can afford such luxuries to lure more folks in...This site is literally a mom and pop setup...

Fair enough.........I like this site so far!

PONTIAC FOREVER!!!!!!

Offline elff

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2019, 07:46:16 PM »
Yup

I run a bunch of blockers and it's amazing how much shit those big sites have on them.
LifeTime membership gets you some nice benefits.