Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Alternator swap  (Read 1061 times)

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
Alternator swap
« on: May 07, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »
Anyone know if the GXP alternator will fit on the base solstice? Stock the base is 120 amp and the gxp is 140 amp. Looking at the schematics they both seem to use the same control wires. I just don’t know if they will bolt up. 

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
Re: Alternator swap
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 10:21:33 PM »
If you look in a GM parts catalog you will see the base and GXP use the same part numbers for the alternator, the one I looked at showed they were all 140 amp too none were 120.

So to answer your question they must bolt up or they would be different numbers.  Why they show 3 part numbers if they are all 140 amp is beyond me maybe different suppliers.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline hammy221

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 11:35:29 PM »
Ya. When I went to gmc dealer they show 2 part numbers one 120 amp one 140 with the 140 being for the gxp.

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 12:25:25 PM »
If the electrical connector is the same it should bolt on.  The LSJ alternator spins backwards fyi because of the SC drive system on that version.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.