Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wind wings on Sky / Solstice  (Read 922 times)

Offline KEP3

• Apprentice/Gofer
Wind wings on Sky / Solstice
« on: June 06, 2020, 11:00:33 PM »
I've been thinking about installing a set of wind wings of the sort that cars like MG, Triumph, and others used to have onto my Sky. Moss Dune Buggies, factory Five, and others make some. Has anyone done this? Ever since some nutcase at GM decided to ditch window vents in 1968 there's been no way to divert the wind blowing in. Or to get wind in.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Wind wings on Sky / Solstice
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 08:21:40 AM »
I know you've been looking for this for a few years and as RedOne07 said, someone did but I be darned if I can find it.

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235649

EDIT: I believe that this might be what you are looking for. Unfortunately this never gained any traction but the first post has an email that might help you in your search.

https://www.solsticeforum.com/threads/solstice-sky-side-wind-blocker-moved-from-the-sky-forum.66094/
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 08:37:28 AM by Sly Bob »
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 09:05:17 AM »
I remember this idea from back in the day.  I made some myself by cutting some acrylic sheet I had spare, but it was a PITA getting them to sit properly in the window molding and not fall out, so I never used them again.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Steelmesh

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
    • Kappadapt
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2020, 09:51:50 AM »
Make sure you use polycarbonate ("lexan"), acrylic will easily crack where polycarbonate is the polar opposite and extremely tough.
2006 Solstice #1458, Twincharged LE5/LEA, 5757+M62, Werks exh manifold, Tial bpv/wg, Cams, dual meth, 40 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose/flywheel bolts/trans mount, Aisin AR5, Stage 5 clutch
Turbo-only power 444whp/422wtrq

2013 Cruze Missile, tuned, 42 lb, ZZP SRI/FMIC/DP/MP/CB, Kappadapt trans mount

Support Kappaperformance.com!!  Note: a couple huge corporations own and control several hundred of the top automotive enthusiast forums subsequently profiteering from these communities on the backs of volunteer moderators.

Offline JoshMcMadMac

• Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
You are talking about triangles for the front of the side windows, to stop the buffeting of wind around the windshield and side mirrors? If so I bought a set off of the link Bob posted, or one like it. If you want them and I can dig them up, you can have them. Just shoot me an email at jmcalister AT gmail DOT com and we can sort out the details.