Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wind Reflectors  (Read 869 times)

Offline Bigtime

• Apprentice/Gofer
Wind Reflectors
« on: July 20, 2020, 03:54:25 PM »
I have seen cars with these wind reflectors behind their seats.  Do you feel that you need them?  Does it block you looking out your rearview mirror?  I looked at a product named Wind Restrictor.  Is this product any good?

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Wind Reflectors
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2020, 04:08:54 PM »
That is the company that has sold the majority of the wind reflectors to the Kappa owners. It does a fairly good job but it will not eliminate all the turbulence.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »
There are some that say the lexan wind blockers are only effective if the windows are left up although I have no experience with them myself.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2020, 04:38:57 PM »
I got one of them when I first got my car, but removed it soon after.  I didn't find it affected the wind very much and I had a problem with oncoming car headlights at night - they would reflect off the windblocker and then off my rear-view mirror and into my eyes.  YMMV but it was too annoying for me.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Bigtime

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2020, 08:14:26 PM »
Thank all of you for the info.  I think I will pass on this one.     Bigtime

Offline crisco

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • My Precious!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 09:04:36 AM »
I bought one when I got mine, and yes only somewhat blocking of the wind. But, I like mine because of the use as a fourth brake light.
I can adjust the brightness for normal driving and it goes to full brightness when I hit the brakes.
I have the red lighted one. They make single color and multicolored too. I haven't found any problems with seeing through it day or night. I got the one that says GXP with the winner banner.
It is up to you and your preferences.    :2c:
My Precious! 2007  Solstice GXP, Aggressive, Santana Cup Holder, Beachparty Fuse Box Cover,DDM Backbone Brace, DDM Performance Probeam, DDM Latin Venom Brace, DDM Oil Catch Can (Red), DDM LNF Intake Tube (Red), DDM Radiator Hose (Red), Wind Restricter, Solo Performance Mach Shorty Exhaust,...more to come!