Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Mallet Kappa Registry  (Read 1616 times)

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
Mallet Kappa Registry
« on: February 22, 2021, 02:11:52 PM »
I have Started a Mallet Kappa Registry, so far I have a total of 28 cars listed, 20 Solstice & 8 Sky's. If anyone is interested it is posted on the Solstice forum under the major mods section.

If anyone on this site owns o Mallet conversion I would be very interested in any information you would like to share with me.

Thanks.

Jeff R Owner of 2006 Mallet Solstice #024, Sly Grey LS2
2006 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2 manual Trans, 2009 N/A Coupe #663, manual Trans

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: Mallet Kappa Registry
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 01:48:45 AM »
Is this info gathering for a class action suit or similar?
Make the right choices now

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 10:32:27 AM »
No just trying to document the cars completed and modifications done to them. I have no interest in a law suite of any kind

I have always been curious as to how many were actually made, I usually read 300 were made, 100 each year for 06,07, & 08. But I know that is not correct. I actually would be surprised if 150 total were actually made.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 06:21:29 PM by cammerjeff »

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 02:03:15 AM »
Interesting. I didn?t think they made more than 40-50. Are you including the cobra look a likes?  I forget what those were called.
Make the right choices now

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:00:07 AM »
Are you talking about the Solobra's? or something like that. Well no not at the moment. I may Start keeping a list of all V8 Kappa swaps, but for now I am limiting it to the Mallet conversions. As of now I have a total of 35 cars including the 2008 Mallet GT Racer that was built for a European race series.

It is difficult to estimate how many were built. For part of 2006 at least Chuck did not number them in any order, cars #001-003 were test cars, so those numbers were not available when the original owner of my car ordered it. Chuck told her she could have any number from #004 to #099 as long as it was not already taken. She chose #024 because she was Jeff Gordon fan. The highest numbered 2006 I have documented in #041. But that does not mean 41 cars where made that year. I have seen undocumented numbers of 78 for 2006, 38 for 2007, and 19 for 2008. The later 2 years include any Sky's that were converted also. If those numbers are correct I still have 100 cars to document.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 11:35:06 AM »
cammerjeff ;I think  The Solbra  was the ones being made in  ( West Virgina )
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2021, 12:16:07 PM »
I have always been curious as to how many were actually made, I usually read 300 were made, 100 each year for 06,07, & 08. But I know that is not correct. I actually would be surprised if 150 total were actually made.

I always thought that were only a very few actually made, maybe less than 10 in total.  Chuck Mallett is still around, so somebody ask him how many he made.

:dunno:

Aggressive #000741

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2021, 02:51:51 PM »
I have called and talked to Chuck about it. He is not interested in how many he made, all he would tell me is he had planned on making 300, he says he sold out in 2006 (but does not remember if they actually made 100 2006's) they made around 50 in 2007, and 25 or so in 2008 before the Bankruptcy.

He claims that his brother has all the sales records in storage in Ohio, but is not willing to share them.

I have not attempted to contact his brother Lance though. That may be something to look into.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2021, 06:50:43 PM »
If you get bored and want track the V8s there was a company in England that bought the Sky and did a beautiful interior/exterior upgrade with the LS3 called the Breckland Beira

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2021, 10:56:23 AM »
Interesting car, but I am going to stick with just trying to document the Mallet conversions for the time being.

I like how the claim to have "significantly" increased the luggage capacity thru clever design details, but there seem to not be any photo's to back that claim?