Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello from Dayton Ohio  (Read 1641 times)

Offline SlowGXP

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
Hello from Dayton Ohio
« on: March 02, 2021, 12:29:35 PM »
I?ve had my 07 GXP for about 5 months and am really looking forward to nicer weather here in Ohio to be able to get out and play. I was a long time Fiero owner but my wife did not like the design and wanted something newer. So a GXP came across my path and I thought why not. I?m looking for a Solstice group to join, does anyone know of any around the area? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
Re: Hello from Dayton Ohio
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 12:37:47 PM »
Boy oh boy did you find the right group here!!  Kelu is known worldwide as SlowOpel, so you are in good company.

There is an Ohio group. Wartie or Diana will be reaching out soon. Lots of runs and get togethers (in normal times).
Make the right choices now

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 06:36:29 PM »
Welcome to the forum, there is a good group in the Ohio Area.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Wartie

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2021, 01:40:45 PM »
Welcome to the forum, there is a good group in the Ohio Area.

If you are on Facebook there are a few options. Northwest Ohio two seat Roadsters, good group of folks. The NEO Kappa Car club does a spring and fall event. There is also a Kappas on the North coast event in the fall. Then there is also the nationals as seen below

North American Solstice Sky Annual Meet 2021 will be held in Bellaire Michigan at Shanty Creek Resort.  June14 - 20, 2021 .  Information and registration can be found at NASSAM2021.com.  Hope to see you there!  :yay:

I am near Akron.

Offline cammerjeff

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2021, 06:27:14 AM »
Welcome to the Forum!

Besides the previously noted options, you could always join one of the MI Kappa club cruises this summer, we have a cruise about every other weekend, most starting about 30 miles outside Detroit on Sunday starting at noon.
2006 Mallet Solstice #024 LS2 manual Trans, 2009 N/A Coupe #663, manual Trans

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2021, 12:19:45 PM »
I?ve had my 07 GXP for about 5 months and am really looking forward to nicer weather here in Ohio to be able to get out and play. I was a long time Fiero owner but my wife did not like the design and wanted something newer. So a GXP came across my path and I thought why not. I?m looking for a Solstice group to join, does anyone know of any around the area? Any help would be appreciated.

You have come to the right place!!  Welcome aboard!  I am the instigator for NE Ohio, but not to worry, we actually run in SE Ohio from Newcomerstown all the way south to Marietta and a little east of there also.  I'm mainly on Facebook, but I can link the group info here.
I usually do a Spring run (SOS - Start of Spring) in May and a fall run (T2TR - Twisting to The River) during Columbus day weekend.  My work schedule may not cooperate with me in May this year, but we'll see.  It's a little up in the air right now.

There are a few other owners in the Dayton area!  Look for a Red special edition Solstice - His name is Billy Martin if you run across him.  Then there is another couple - Ron and Lynne.  They had a sliver GXP, but they traded it for another one and I can't for the life of me remember what color they have now.  Too many years with the silver one!  There is also one other couple, but I don't see them out much any more - they also have a red Solstice.  You'll find a few Skys to your east in Columbus also!
My dad also had a friend that had a solstice, but he's in his 80's now and I believe he sold it.

A guy named William Biddlecombe also has a nice event in September to Put-in-Bay, and there is another gentleman - Rick Metcalf who does a lot of car shows and has a nice little run in the Toledo area if you are willing to venture north a bit for something different!

Spring is coming, so we'll be out and about soon!

Offline ihawk95

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2021, 12:28:03 PM »
Oh yeah - and don't forget Nationals this year in Bellaire, Michigan!  At least we hope we will still be able to do it!  I'm working on it as I type!

www.nassam2021.com is the website!

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2021, 04:29:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline SlowGXP

• Upgraded Member
  • Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2021, 02:44:36 AM »
Wow! Guys thank you so much. A lot of information and a lot of stuff to do right around the area. I am on Facebook and will check out those sites. I?m also working on getting the car ready for summer cruising. This site has been extremely helpful so far with mods and tunes! I will continue to read and learn. Thanks again for all the info!