Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Dual projector curve active & horizon active headlamps  (Read 3929 times)

Offline kgschlosser

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Dual projector curve active & horizon active headlamps
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2021, 04:07:08 PM »
The electrical aspects are not really that hard. The programming aspects and reverse engineering the data signals is the hard part.

I already picked up a 2 channel CAN interface that I can plug into a laptop and I wrote some software that will allow me to plug in a tech2 scanner into one channel and the other will connect to the car. This way when I tell the tech2 scanner to do something  I can record  the information that is coming out of it. and any information that is on the network that isn't typical or repeated I will record this  way I can figure out what the response is from the car.
I already have things like headlights, parking lights, door lock, driver door unlock, passenger door unlock, speedometer, rpm, fuel level, turn signals, trunk pop, fog lights and a bunch of other things already reverse engineered. Oh I also have transmission gear for a manual transmission done also. I need to get the steering angle from the EBCM.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2021, 10:07:28 PM »
Adding fuses into the stock fuse box is easy, there is a terminal you crimp onto your load wire and then it installs in the back of the fuse panel like a terminal connector.  The fuse then plugs into that terminal.  I got the crimp terminal from my GM dealer.

You will have to take the panel out of the housing but I am sure you will be able to figure that out.  Look at how the other wires install and you should be able to figure out how to add to it.

The hard part is going to be getting the crimp terminal.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline kgschlosser

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2021, 02:00:27 AM »
tiz not my first time opening up a fuse box and adding fuses/relays. It's sometimes really interesting what ya find inside. sometimes it is all nice and neat and other times it looks like a bowl of spaghetti

Offline kgschlosser

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 11:55:29 PM »
Ohhhh The fusebox was an interesting animal. Never seen one made like this before It's both smart and stupid at the same time if that really makes any sense. It is set up like a PCB with traces except the traces are stamped steel. The fuse box consists of 3 layers so it is interesting to try and navigate through. Too me a while to map out what goes where.

I found a place to add the 2 fuse one for each headlamp and Those 2 fuses connect to an empty spot for a micro maxi fuse. So that works out perfect.

I am on my 4th or 5th revision of the PCB I am going to have made. Hopefully this is the last revision. I am trying to make the PCB as small as possible because it is tight inside the headlamp. I also added a 40mm x 40mm x 10mm 500rpm fan. it's almost inaudible when  running at full speed. I have the software written that will handle controlling the speed of the fan. I have changed some of the components I am using nd also removed some. I no longer need a CAN interface IC as there is one builtin to the processor i am using. I have spent some time working with the manufacturer of the processor to get that up and running. I am  not able to get my hands on a servo controller IC that I would be able to solder onto the board. So I moved a couple of things around and I decided to go with an 8 port IO expander IC. I moved all of the wires I am reading from to this IC an that freed up enough IO ports on the processor  so I can connect the PWM  for the servos to the processor. There is a benefit to doing this. Using an external IC I am only able to get a 12 bit resolution. that would allow me to set 4096 different positions for 360 degrees. I am moving at most 90 degrees  so that means I would get 1024 positions  or 0.088 degree increments.    Being directly connected I am able to get 16 bits of resolution, which is 65535 different positions for 360 degrees or 16383 positions for 90 degrees which is increments of 0.0055 degrees. This is going to allow for smoother movement and better positioning of the projectors.

I have been sourcing almost all automotive grade components and tight tolerance resistors. I was going to use already made step down converters for power supplies, I decided to change that due to space requirements.  am working on the design of those right now.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2021, 01:14:57 PM »
This is so far over my head I can't even be confused.  would love to see the finished product.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 03:33:48 PM »
Critter translate:

He will be able to move the light in a smother motion, not as stepped or notched.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline kgschlosser

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2021, 06:59:44 PM »
Here are some photos of the build

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]