Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Custom floor mats for your Solstice  (Read 3356 times)

grandpop07

Custom floor mats for your Solstice
« on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:24 AM »
Just thought I'd pass this along. I recently bought my first Solstice - An '07 leftover with 274 test-drive miles on it - Aggressive Red GXP, 5 speed, Kobalt interior, etc. (I actually traded in my '05 GTO to get this one.)
I decided that the floor mats needed to be color co-ordinated to the exterior to give the car a little more 'pizzaz' and essentially ligthen up the interior a bit. I asked a company - Auto Custom Carpets that is one of the largest automobile repro carpet suppliers in the U.S. - if they would provide what I wanted and they did. The mats are absolutely perfect fit since they copied my originals, but in a bright red that is extremely close to the body color. I had my mats made with the GXP logo in the same place as original, but they could not do the flag portion. The GXP lettering was done in black and I had them do a black vinyl binding on the edge with red thread to match the red thread in the leather seats, etc. they came out great.
ACC is located in Aniston, Alabama. You can find them on the web. Since I live just an hour away from there I drove over and talked to them in person - besides it gave me another excuse to drive the Solstice - it got 32+ mpg on the trip.
Grandpop07

« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 02:28:51 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
Re: Custom floor mats for your Solstice
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »
We need pictures!!!  They sound great, but how they look makes it even better.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

grandpop07

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 08:44:29 PM »
Gee folks, I'll try to get some pictures on the board if I can figure out how to do that. Primarily just envision your original mats in a different color with the GXP logo sans the little flag ahead of the 'G' and whatever color binding you want on the edge and that's it. They will be identical in fit and attachment (the grommet on the driver's side will be there). Again I'll see what I can do about pictures. At least you are reading the post.
I regret that someone may have been offended because I didn't post a picture. Have a little patience with an old man.
grandpop07

Well, I haven't figured out how to post the pictures, but I'd be glad to email them to someone who has it figured out. Here's my email address: fghjr@bellsouth.net
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:52:45 AM by grandpop07 »

Offline Lucy'sDaddy

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
    • Lucy's cardomain page
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 09:32:07 PM »
Grandpop, NO one here is offended! PLEASE don't take it that way. We are just as excited about seeing them as you are having them! We just want to see them, and the "this thread is worthless without pics" is just a way of us saying we WANT to see you new floor mats, cuz maybe someone else might want some, also.
To start with, do you have a digital camera?  If so, upload them to an off site photo site, such as photobucket (but there are others just as good). Then you link your post to your pic, and we can help you with that. Do it a couple of times and it gets  easier each time.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 09:36:05 PM »
No one is offended, not by any means. We are visual beings and to see them would be to love them.  ;)
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
Pops,
Two Options:

#1  (like Lusy'sDaddy says, use http://www.photobucket.com for posting pictures to forums.  Create an account there and upload them.  Then under each photo is a IMG tag code.  Copy that and past it directly in a post.  Click Preview to see the results.  Post when you are ready. 

#2 Become a supporting member and you can post directly to the site.  (I require this since it takes up server space and increases bandwidth when viewing threads)

grandpop07

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 07:07:11 AM »
Pops,
Two Options:

#1  (like Lusy'sDaddy says, use http://www.photobucket.com for posting pictures to forums.  Create an account there and upload them.  Then under each photo is a IMG tag code.  Copy that and past it directly in a post.  Click Preview to see the results.  Post when you are ready. 

#2 Become a supporting member and you can post directly to the site.  (I require this since it takes up server space and increases bandwidth when viewing threads)

As I said in my previous modified post, if anyone would like to see pictures of the mats, external to the car or inside the car, I will gladly send them via email. I do not want to expand my internet exposure through other sites, free or not. I hope there is some understanding here.
grandpop07

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 02:04:24 PM »
I received the pics and added some to the first post.  Now that the photos are up, I removed your "worthless without pic" comments ;)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »
Thanks has to go out to Grandpop07 for taking the time to take a few pictures for our viewing pleasure. They do look like nice mats.

Joe, is picture #2 supposed to be the same as #3?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 02:29:16 PM »
Thanks has to go out to Grandpop07 for taking the time to take a few pictures for our viewing pleasure. They do look like nice mats.

Joe, is picture #2 supposed to be the same as #3?
Whatcha talking about :lol:

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 03:40:37 PM »
Nice touch!

grandpop07

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:46:05 PM »
I received the pics and added some to the first post.  Now that the photos are up, I removed your "worthless without pic" comments ;)

Thank you very kindly for the help.
grandpop07