Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Corvette Brembo brake upgrade  (Read 6307 times)

Offline silverghost

• Apprentice/Gofer
Re: Corvette Brembo brake upgrade
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2019, 08:16:13 PM »
@steelmesh I dont think I can see the teeth,but I will see if I can count it with a scope read the signal.

@bogie no worries, I am always up for being questioned. Its the only way to learn and get better.

I was out of town last few days, but now I am back. So hopefully I will get another full week of driving in. I will keep everyone updated later inthe week.

Offline silverghost

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2019, 04:57:35 PM »
So i have been driving the car for about 2 weeks back and forth to work now and the breaking seems to be working great. Still have a light on the dash unfortunately. I have had no luck figuring out the problem. only thing I can see is that the corvette hub must have a different number of teeth, so with out reprogramming the computer it will not work. I want to do the front brakes now, but would like to figure out the traction control and ABS first.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »
Do the fronts, if it is a tooth count the problem might work itself out once the fronts have the same number of teeth.

The different count front to back is telling the computer one set of tires is running faster than the other and the system sees that as an error thus the light.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline ChopTop

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2019, 08:50:03 AM »
So i have been driving the car for about 2 weeks back and forth to work now and the breaking seems to be working great. Still have a light on the dash unfortunately. I have had no luck figuring out the problem. only thing I can see is that the corvette hub must have a different number of teeth, so with out reprogramming the computer it will not work. I want to do the front brakes now, but would like to figure out the traction control and ABS first.

Silver ghost, is that a tire/wheel simulator tool that I see in the pictures?  It looks similar to the WheelFit tool.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 08:04:54 AM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline Livetodrive

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2023, 11:23:23 AM »
Hi Silverghost. A friend and I are in the process of doing the same thing with my solstice, have you found a way to get abs to work/eliminate the fault? If anyone else has done this to their car and can chime in, please do. Thank you.

-Livetodrive