Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New - Old Guy  (Read 665 times)

Offline phantomjock

• Apprentice/Gofer
New - Old Guy
« on: September 04, 2022, 12:36:10 PM »
So, my avatar shows my 2009 GXP Coupe and me - on my first day heading "back at work." 
I had been retired for 13 years from the USAF, and got an email from them asking if I'd come back. 
[Better add - I was just getting ready to turn 60!]

Well, I just had to have a brand new car!  Found this brand-new one online, flew up to check it out - bought it and drove it home.
Previously I flew Phantoms (user name - get it), but they too had been retired, so I became the Chief of Test for all USAF Combat aircraft.
Four years later, I "finally retired."

Now, I've been racing cars, a Renault-powered Sports Racer), building my 1978 Corvette as a Wide Body race car, and refitting the Solstice for Track Days/Nites and Autocross.

I previously installed the DDM Pro-Beam, just finished installing the RPM Stage 2 setup, and should get the tune next week with Martin.  New tires, brake pads on the list. Considering building my own spreader bar and picking up a DDM Backbone/Brace.   Being a coupe I'll pass on the roll bar, but will trailer the car to the track.  I've seen too many cars get towed home after a shunt or blown engine/transmission.  For the price of a 5 hour tow - you can have a nice trailer!

Look forward to the forum.  Thanks - Jim
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 12:45:13 PM by phantomjock »
Speed is Life!  I feel the need...

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Re: New - Old Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2022, 03:38:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  Everything I have heard/read the Phantom was a b!tch to fly.  You should get some good information here.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Uranium-238

• V8 power...Acquired!
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: New - Old Guy
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 05:42:28 PM »
Welcome!

Fellow flight test guy here, been working in the field for 15 years now. There's a lot messed up about the base I work on, but the work is still rewarding. (I'm CSS, never was in the military.)
2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab, LM7 4L60E (What I traded my Kappa for. I regret nothing.)
2012 Chevy Camaro 2SS RS LS3 TR6060.
2021 Ram 2500 Cummins
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. 3.6, manual trans.