Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: New to the group  (Read 1072 times)

Offline Skyrckt

• Apprentice/Gofer
New to the group
« on: December 12, 2022, 08:27:45 PM »
Thanks for welcoming me to the group.  I have been the proud owner of a 2008 Sky Redline Carbon Flash - automatic. (Sold a 1984 911 to make the change - tired of rowing around town at my age)  Picked up the Sky at a Cincinnati dealer in Dec 2011, it was in very good shape with only 30K miles.  Played sleuth and found the previous (and only) owner by doing VIN searches.  Very nice guy from Missouri.   I reached out to him and he sent me the original window sticker and some sales info.

Entered the Sky in the Dayton Concours in Sept.  Had a great time.  Now ready to move forward.  We are planning on attending the Saturn/Solstice Meet in Beckley WV in June 23. 

One thing that bothers me with the car is the poor light (daytime driving) in the instrument panel.  Has anyone found a fix so the instrument lights are on when the daylight driving lights are on?

« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 08:31:17 PM by Skyrckt »

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: New to the group
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2022, 04:06:13 PM »
Easiest 'fix' is to turn the foglights on.  Otherwise, you can replace the backlights with a bright LED kit and/or the gauge faces with higher-contrast ones.  Both are available from Blackcatcustoms.com and there are a number of how-to's on this forum and others.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2022, 09:05:20 PM »
Welcome to the forum, TS is on point on how to 'correct' the gauge lighting.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline rob the elder

• Tech
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 04:53:48 PM »
Welcome.  Nice car.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2023, 02:10:13 PM »
Thanks for welcoming me to the group.  I have been the proud owner of a 2008 Sky Redline Carbon Flash - automatic. (Sold a 1984 911 to make the change - tired of rowing around town at my age)  Picked up the Sky at a Cincinnati dealer in Dec 2011, it was in very good shape with only 30K miles.  Played sleuth and found the previous (and only) owner by doing VIN searches.  Very nice guy from Missouri.   I reached out to him and he sent me the original window sticker and some sales info.

Entered the Sky in the Dayton Concours in Sept.  Had a great time.  Now ready to move forward.  We are planning on attending the Saturn/Solstice Meet in Beckley WV in June 23. 

One thing that bothers me with the car is the poor light (daytime driving) in the instrument panel.  Has anyone found a fix so the instrument lights are on when the daylight driving lights are on?

you can put in a new style gauge face and upgrade the lighting to LEDs, that helped with mine.  https://www.blackcatcustom.com/