Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: 2.4 LE5 rebuild time  (Read 2096 times)

Offline Cwdaniel

• Apprentice/Gofer
2.4 LE5 rebuild time
« on: November 29, 2020, 03:33:23 PM »
Brand new guy here, thanks for letting me in. I'm not a "kappa" owner, but do have the 2.4 LE5 ecotec running in a sand car. The engine has been awesome, short of getting around initial problems from the supplier (Alpha motorsports-dont go there). I have come to learn that my particular engine is one of the early versions that came with an oil cooler. The supplier elected to remove it and JB weld plugs in the holes and paint over it. Eventually a leak happened and during my attempts to patch it I believe I allowed debris into the oil system. And now I have what sounds like a rod knocking and low oil pressure.

So, It's coming out for a tear down and repair/refresh. I'm no stranger to engine building, but have never been inside something this modern, and slightly complex with the VVT. I'm looking for a good source for build details, manuals, videos, special tools etc. to do it right. And any tips on reliability and minor performance upgrades. I don't need to make it a fire breathing race engine because I'm quite satisfied with the stock performance.

Any opinions out there?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Re: 2.4 LE5 rebuild time
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 06:52:26 PM »
Cwdaniel  : You might want to check out    DDM Works .  there are other Vendors listed on the right side of this page .  where you posted
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Cwdaniel

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 12:24:54 PM »
Thanks, I did find DDM and put a question in to them.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 02:18:30 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps shameless plug for this forum but I believe supporting member (it may only be lifetime supporting members) to this forum have access to digital copies of the GM shop manuals and that includes the manuals for the engines.  Those manuals will also tell you what special tools you would need.  I am not sure what those manuals would cost on their own but it may be more cost effective to support the forum.

How about some pictures of your sand car?
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Cwdaniel

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »
Thanks, that's worth consideration. I'm not seeing a way to add a picture...

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2020, 01:31:26 AM »
Thanks, that's worth consideration. I'm not seeing a way to add a picture...

Click on the reply button,  one of the icons available will be "insert image".  Or click on "Attachments and other options"

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Play with it.

Have fun.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:37:44 AM by DaveOC »
Aggressive #000741

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2020, 09:23:12 AM »
Click on the reply button,  one of the icons available will be "insert image".  Or click on "Attachments and other options"

(Attachment Link)

Play with it.

Have fun.

only as a upgraded member.  Photo hosting site is required otherwise

Offline DaveOC

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
  • Running Wisconsin
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2020, 12:36:18 PM »
only as a upgraded member.  Photo hosting site is required otherwise

Thank you for the reminder.  It helps those of us that are on a lot of different sites on a daily basis.

:thumbs:

Aggressive #000741