Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Is this the correct torque sequence?  (Read 692 times)

Offline SummerSolstice2006

• Apprentice/Gofer
Is this the correct torque sequence?
« on: April 04, 2023, 02:09:41 PM »
Hey all. I'm going to be doing the valve cover gasket and I had no idea that there was a certain order/ sequence the bolts had to be tightened when done. I got this off of someone doing their valve cover gasket on a Saturn Sky. Is this the correct sequence for a 2006 solstice 2.4 with a turbo? And would someone happen to know the torque value that is required when putting the valve cover back on? I think I had read that it is 18-in lbs?

Also what are these little round gaskets for?

Thank you

Thank you

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Is this the correct torque sequence?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 08:19:20 PM »
Yes, that would be an appropriate way to torque it down. Not entirely sure about the round gaskets, you'll find out if they are needed as you dive in. The gasket kit may be for a couple of different Ecotec engines and as such you may not require them.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:21:53 PM »
The manual doesn't have a sequence shown for the cam cover bolts.  Torque is listed as  89 lb in.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline TomatoSoup

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2023, 08:54:46 AM »
I believe the round gaskets are for the spark/coil holes.
"That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it, and what it is too." (Monty Python)