Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: FS: Beautiful 2007 GXP w/ 104k miles SOLD  (Read 895 times)

Offline carcar123454321

• Apprentice/Gofer
FS: Beautiful 2007 GXP w/ 104k miles SOLD
« on: September 12, 2023, 08:51:10 AM »
VIN 1G2MG35X77Y118714
Asking $9,800

I would keep this car if I could financially. With 3 kids, one in college and one headed there in a few years, I unfortunately have to say goodbye to this incredible car. I also need something that seats more than two.

I have driven a lot of cars over the years (owned and test drove), and this is by far the most fun. It?s unique, handles incredibly well, is incredibly fast (I have a conservative, professional ZZP tune on it), has everything you could ask for as far as a limited slip differential, traction/dynamic control options from full to completely off and everything in between (competition mode), etc. I?ve had a suped up Subaru, driven BMWs, GTIs, Miatas, BRZs, Corvettes, G37s, 370Z, etc., and for the price, it?s hard to beat the full package of handling, acceleration (yet incredible gas mileage if you want?I?ve gotten 30 on a stock tune), feel, uniqueness, etc.

I also think the blue is pretty incredible?it changes shades depending on the light, time, etc., and I always get complements. I thought I wanted black at first, but glad I have this unique color.

I?m in my 50s and take very good car of the car. I?ve gone over almost every inch of it and done a ton of maintenance (see below). The car has been garage kept while I had it in Tennessee, and the owner before me had it in a carport with a cover in Alabama.

Because of all the maintenance, mods, and info I?ll share, it may take couple posts.

MAINTENANCE & MODS (see pics)

ENGINE
- New timing chain, balancer chain, all sprockets, all guides, ZZPerformance main guide ($2800 job with labor)
- New water pump ($800 job with labor)
- New RPM Intercooler ($1200 job with labor)?way more efficient than stock and built about 4x better; if you tune your car, you really should get an aftermarket IC
- New thermostat
- New coolant and flush
- New O2 sensors
- New AC Delco ignition coils
- New AC Delco spark plugs
- New t-clamps for all supply connections turbo, intercooler, intake
- New front air dam
- New heat wrap for any wires that needed it
- DDM charge pipes
- DDM silicone engine intake manifold elbow
- DDM silicone air intake hose
- DDM Silicone Coolant Hose kit
- DDM Silicone Main coolant line
- Tuned professionally by ZZP about a year ago; I went with a conservative tune that targets a peak boost of 21 psi (many go above that I wanted to be safe); the car is truly incredible yet very drivable. I can have it put back to stock if you really wanted that.

TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE TRAIN
- New rear differential fluid
- New transmission fluid

SUSPENSION
- DDM Brace kit - back bone, rear braces, front brace
- Newer factory GXP suspension (only has 30k miles on it)

BRAKES
- New front & rear rotors and brake pads (Hawk HPS - great pads!); new brake hardware (seals, etc)
- New brake fluid

TIRES
- Goodyear Reliant All Season with decent tread left. Though not a real ?high performance? tire, they do fine.

EXTERIOR
- LED front lights
- LED rear lights
- New front emblem
- Headlights have been polished and coated
- Paint polished and coated with German acrylic coating (been about 6 months so probably needs it again, but still beading)
- Convertible top cleaned and treated with protectorant
- Shorty antenna

INTERIOR
- Blacked out center bezel?vast improvement in the sun. I have the original chrome as well if you want it, but it looks better (IMHO) and functions better as is.
- Passenger airbag sensor recall completed

A few things to be done:
- The driver?s side door inset panel vinyl has started to come loose (see pic). This is a common problem on Solstice. I haven?t gotten around to getting it recovered.
- The two driver?s side seat bottom seams in the middle of the seat are starting to separate. I?ve talked to some upholstery shops about getting it recovered but haven?t done it. I?m glad to discuss options if you?re interested in the car.
- Passenger cup holder broke (a classic issue in this car), I installed another, it broke, I may have another spare ;-) I just use the rear middle cupholders which work great and don't break.

If you?re interested or have questions, please feel free to message me. I?ll be putting the car on Facebook marketplace at some point here soon but wanted to put on the forum first.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 08:12:21 PM by DeepBlueGXP, Reason: Added SOLD »

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Beautiful car and in the fastest color. Good luck with the sale.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline carcar123454321

• Apprentice/Gofer
Thanks!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
Beautiful car, good luck with the sale.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline carcar123454321

• Apprentice/Gofer

Sale pending! (Glad and sad.). Middle aged guy who's driven lots of Miatas (and currently owns one). As soon as he hit the accelerator and felt the 310 HP/TQ, it was over 😂. Man, I'm going to miss that motor (well, I won't miss replacing the timing chain again).

I'm glad it's going to an enthusiast who will take great care of it and even improve on the few little things left to fix (driver seat bottom, door vinyl). He already has a guy who does that for him. I'll let him know about the forum.

Once I have money in hand I'll mark it sold...never know.

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
That was quick, but you had a reasonable price.  Hope it works out.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia