Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: AfterShock Hood vents...  (Read 11220 times)

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: AfterShock Hood vents...
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:20 PM »
ChuckDoc says, just make this and we'll by it.

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 10:48:51 PM »
What a great pic of an Austin! Have always liked that car.  :thumbs:

Offline LatinVenom

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2009, 08:21:02 PM »
I agree with DeepBlueGXP that the opening should be closer to the front, similar to the Z06 and Viper placement.
Solstice GXP 2007.
Aggressive and fully loaded.
Mods: Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, DDM Backbone & ProBeam,ZOK suspension,LV Kappa Front Chassis Brace, BTF Turbo Upgraded Wheel, Windristrictor, JPM Center console,arms,tulip,side doors,DDM Upgraded wheel tune.

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 12:05:39 AM »
I agree with DeepBlueGXP that the opening should be closer to the front, similar to the Z06 and Viper placement.

Rudy:
The exit vents are real nice.  Still do not like the bulge of the scoop above the hood line and it is still too far to the rear.  The Z06 type scoop which is flat with the top of the hood and has the indention in front of the scoop for the air to enter, should be more appealing on the Solstice since it will not break the line of the hood.  I still would like to see the Z06 scoop photo-shop'd on the solstice hood, but I have said that so many times in the past, you are probably sick of hearing it.  :2c:
Frank I

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2009, 08:30:40 PM »
Here's another concept which was inspired by both the Dodge Neon and ZR1 vette. I wanted to make sure that the profile didn't sway too far from the lines of the hood and trying to keep proportions in check with the size of hood. Thanks to forum feedback and Frank I's persistence, of all the previous designs, I believe this that concept should be moved to the next phase. Anyway, let me know what you guys think. rudy

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009, 08:38:23 PM »
Are y'all ever going to start making products for our Skys? That hood is beautiful.  :drool:

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009, 08:44:07 PM »
It would probably be to much work for Rudy to make stuff for the Sky since he owns a solstice and that's what he uses to test fit stuff.

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2009, 08:47:36 PM »
He does such beautiful work, just wish he did it for our side too.  :cool:

Offline DirtyMike

• Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2009, 10:09:41 PM »
I'm sure he would have no problems finding test fitters... another great design rudy!

BTF ShabbyPipes w/TialQ ,HID low&fogs, stubby,Tints, RPi GT Exhaust & RacePipe, Hahn IC, Areoforce Dual Guages, DDM ProBeam, Race Backbone & APilar,Wester\'s Race Tune,TenzoR DC5, Eibach Sportlines, BTF\"BigWheel\" ko4+,JPM shifter,RK sport hood,norms sky fenders, HKS turbo timer & some CF bits

Offline LiquidPT

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • TechHead
    • LiquidPT's website
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2009, 11:43:42 PM »
THAT ONE! That one right there... stop. leave it... I want it.
LiquidPT aka Matt
driving Black Sun
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100

Offline Dan

• Tech
    • My Website
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2009, 11:57:30 PM »
One thing I would like to see changed is the lines of the dual intakes so it more closely matches the eyelet cutouts for the head lights. As it stands now they dont match well.
Agree.

I like the dual intake in other renderings I've seen, but in this example it looks like too busy and angular.  To match the subtle lines of the rest of the nose, I think it'd look better to have a single intake of the same width as shown, extending further forward.  Perhaps down to just around the tops of the headlight lenses. 

I really like the vents, after seeing them with the intake(s)--they blend nicely.
08 Aggressive GXP 5 speed

Offline SOLster

• Vendor
  • Tech
    • Aftershock Products
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009, 12:27:32 AM »
He does such beautiful work, just wish he did it for our side too.  :cool:

hi G8TR...

Thanks for the cudos.  I plan to work on designing parts for the sky as well.  I already have the CAD files to work with for the Sky.  I'm just trying to get the sol line up and running so I can fund further product development for both sol and sky in the near future.  And I do have a few anxious locals who are more than willing to help me test fit prototypes in my area so we could get them into production faster.  Keep checking with me and I will post development on the sky forum once I dive into designing accessorries for the sky.

rudy

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009, 09:00:33 AM »
Looking good Rudy.  I believe this is it with a little tweaking.

Offline amo

• Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
Thats is a great looking hood.  From the early to now this is my favorite, like Yamatr3 said "this is it with a little tweaking."

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
Glad that we are in consideration. Thanks for looking out for us too! I would certainly be a "test mule" if I was in the area.  :thumbs: