Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Englishtown Raceway Park Track Day March 21 2009  (Read 1551 times)

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
Englishtown Raceway Park Track Day March 21 2009
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:34:10 AM »
Hey guys, I went to Englishtown Raceway Park Road Course Saturday the 21st. The track is much better than the first time I was there. The repaired a portion that was closed and are now running it in the direction it was originally intended to be run.

It's still a very short and difficult track, the lines are not obvious, specially for a rookie like me. Also most guys were running proper tires, so they were killing me since I'm on the stock rubber for now.

There was an 08 Cobalt SS there, he eventually overtook me, but he also had better than stock tires.

Biggest problem are both knees bashing into the interior. I know of padding for the column, but looking for something on the other side. Also the seam in my jeans felt like it was cutting into my skin!

Anyway, for anyone in the area NNJ NY CT PA, it's a good cheap track and the people who run the place and use the track are cool so far. No jerks. $225 for a 8 hour drivers school which you need to take unless you have a license from any other racing org. Then $125 for a 6 hour track day.

http://www.racewaypark.com for the schedule
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Englishtown Raceway Park Track Day March 21 2009
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »
Kenny - seems great, wish I could make it, have you ever tried New Jersey Motorsports Park?? That place is amazing more expensive but you can buy the place out with a large group and get a discount. I was thinking of trying to get a group together sometime in August because their calendar is open but I'm thinking in this current economy price may be a limiting factor.
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline kennysabarese

• "The Professor"
  • Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Make or take?
Re: Englishtown Raceway Park Track Day March 21 2009
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 09:17:51 PM »
i haven't been there yet. hopefull will get a chance this year. i hear it's great. i think pocono or watkin's glen is next on my list.
2007 Sky Redline - Wester's Tuned - GMPP sensors - RMR Roll Bar - Kirkey Seats
Schroth Harnesses - SSR Wheels - Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs - Complete Mod List
kennysabarese.com - Photos - Facebook - Twitter - RSS