Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hoses and ID/OD explained  (Read 7426 times)

lil goat

Hoses and ID/OD explained
« on: April 03, 2009, 05:10:15 PM »
People are always wondering about hoses and size's here is a chart I found that makes life easier, it happens to be from Verocious Motorsports but the numbers are good and it shows you how to measure a hose. Our houses on the intercooler are just under 2.75 " like 2.65" or something and the throttle body hose is a tad under 3.00" INSIDE DIAMETER or ID
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 08:28:43 PM by DeepBlueGXP »

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Hoses
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »
Thanks, I've been wondering about the size of these. I do have MBRP pipes now, guess I better check and make sure there's no difference. Good tip though, many people, even some that work with them,  :idk: don't have a clue between ID and OD.  :thumbs:

Offline Deep-GXP

• BooYah!
  • Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Hoses
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 05:28:35 PM »
That's funny cuz I just got a email from Verocious Motorsports about their Silicone Hose Sale! All their Verocious Motorsports brand Couplers, elbows, transitions, hump hoses, vacuum lines, hose by the foot, heater/radiator hoses are 15% off if you enter promo code SILISALE0409 at check out.
:dancing::dancing::dancing:

lil goat

Re: Hoses and ID/OD explained
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 08:58:52 PM »
Yep I got that email that's how I stumbled on the chart. I like them a lot they ship really fast and have cool cheap t-shirts.

Offline diamoney

• Master Tech
  • I coulda had a V8! But I'm not a fan of tomatoes.
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 10:41:09 AM »
Just a very basic comment, and one that could be very handy if it is new for you....

... flexible hose items are ALWAYS measured by I.D. and may have a pressure rating;
rigid tubing is ALWAYS measured by O.D. and wall thickness.

#000600 S/C
158000+ miles

'07 GXP T/C+
0-100 in what?

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 06:25:44 AM »
Woot woot, metric measurements always makes me life easier, thanks people for sharing this
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 07:27:13 AM »
What the heck is metric?  Why all these funny numbers?  Next thing you know those people on the other side of the pond will start to drive on the wrong side of the road like Critterman's Chris keeps trying to do.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Kelu

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 08:41:06 AM »
No no, the brits and japs are on the other side, they are right side drivers, don't take it so hard. You are the newest people in town as youngest nation... you went half way with brits (non metric system) and the other half with the rest of the world as left side drivers :P

So be nice and share the info in both ways
Dragula  ;) Opel GT  from Romania
Arabas: take fotos, videos and keep all girls locked inside the house. Kelu's charm is irresistible !!!!

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2009, 03:24:47 PM »
No worries.  Being afraid to fly I have never left the states. 
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2009, 08:21:28 PM »
Ya really need to get out more Chuck.   :lol:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »
The 'stralian's and zealanders drive on the wrong damn side too.

I have been into the British car thing for almost as long as I can remember so I have been to many Brit car shows but I have never seen as many real Mini's (not made by BMW) as I did while I was in Tokyo a few years ago.  I was truly amazed because Japanese tax the hell out of old cars so that they can try to force people to buy new ones.

By the way being a front seat passenger on the wrong side of the car while going through an automatic toll both at 110 KPH and having the toll gate move just a fraction of a second before it would impact the windshield right in front of you is definitely an odd feeling.

Hey Chuck you can always drive to Canada.  I hear that KWhale is going to try and get me elected as PM up there.
2007 Aggressive GXP