Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Door Color  (Read 3920 times)

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
Door Color
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:40:52 PM »
Ok ; on Saturday I Cleaned up louise getting her ready for nice Wal-Mart Cruz -in  went and opened her up (little windy) but warm .Anyway was enjoying the afternoon till whoever asked me What happen to the Paint color on the Passenger Door. Went to look and in the Brite Sun Lite you can see the bottom 1/2 of the door looks like they ran out of paint It has a grayish or pale green tone and close up looks like flexs of metalic and no BLACK Paint. anybody know of this happening .Factory Defect.  No PICs yet But will have soon.  going to dealer on Monday .   :gaah:   :barf:   :censor:!@#$%^&   off
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 05:37:57 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Door Color
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »
Once you show it to the dealer they will make it right. It's not common but not unheard of with our cars.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »
Fasttoy, modify your post and then in the lower left side, click the additionals options.  There you can upload a photo of what you discovered.  It is def a different color.  I just don't have access to yahoo at work so I can't do it for you.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 05:38:29 PM »
added pic to 1st post

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 06:22:13 PM »
Who's door is that on your car? Obviously not yours.   :lol:

I can't see where you would have a problem getting that fixed as anyone that isn't legally blind can see the door isn't the color that it should be. I'm surprised that no one saw it before now. It looks really bad as generally a camera won't pick up minor variances in color.

Have you had any feedback from the dealership?
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 01:28:57 AM »
Dont mean to be Debbie Downer here. But, look at my post at the Solstice Forum...Here is the link...

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/fyi-check-your-paint-54899/

Good luck! I hope it works out for ya.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 01:55:30 AM »
It will their going to repaint the whole passenger side and blend it to the hood and trunk .I'm also having them paint the windshield frame and humps behind seats while they have the color out. probly gonna be couple hundred hor that. the rest is all factory job .Sorry I can't get the pic to download.
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline baconbits

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2009, 12:43:39 PM »
I went to Duluth MN, for a couple of days last week.. and was sitting waiting for my wife to complete her shopping when a silver Sky Redline (with Wisconsin plates) pulled in ..I went over and had a look to my suprise the doors were a different colour of silver almost more of a grey than the rest of the car..though hard to detect looking straight on..As i've heard about this on here a couple of times I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen or had the same problem..
Bacon

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 04:05:36 PM »
Ever since I started reading about these problems with the silver I have checked mine. Due to the accident I was in a couple of months ago they replaced the right front fender and repainted the door (to blend it together). When I look at that side I still see differences in the paint. I have come to the conclusion that most of this in an optical illusion due to the lines of the car itself. I have looked at it in all different light and from all different angles, just what the car is parked next to or on top of.  :2c:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 04:34:52 PM »
G8Tr the door was a different color from handle it was grayish w/matalic fleck . Been repainted but not baked on .Air dried and clear coated only
Mods

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
That really sucks. I'm glad I don't have those kind of problems with mine.  :gaah:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 07:36:18 PM »
Metallics can be a real b!tch to paint.  A lot of factors (air pressure, angle of the gun to part, path of the gun over the surface, ect) can effect how those little metal flakes end up landing and curing in the paint and if thats not bad enough they can settle out of the paint while its still in the gun and then you get an inconsistent mix in the final paint job.  I have even been told by some that the earth's flux lines, the thing that makes compasses point north, can effect how the particles will orient and lay in the paint which means that if the car was pointing north when originally painted and then repair work was done with it pointed west you will have problems.  Personally I am not good enough with metallics to be able to blame the earths flux lines but...

2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 11:41:38 PM »
^ And sometimes it's those damn solar flares....and you just can't do nothin' about solar flares I'll tell you what!
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 01:37:20 PM »
I'm not even going to bring up those damn sun spots....

However a solar eclipse helps to make it harder to detect the color change.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Midlife Crisis

• Tech
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 02:24:23 PM »
I'm not even going to bring up those damn sun spots....

However a solar eclipse helps to make it harder to detect the color change.

And if a full moon can effect the tides, it can effect the flakes...   At least I used to hear that all of the flakes would come out on a full moon.. didn't know they meant in paint.  :huh:
Yes, my Solstice is my midlife crisis baby.

'08 Pure w/Ebony Leather, Power, Convenience & Preferred Pkgs, Rear Spoiler, Floor Mats, XM Radio, Onstar, Etched & Illuminated V2 Wind Restrictor, LED Door Sills - "Angel", KappaKrap Kontainer Korral, DDMWorks Race BackBone & ProBeam, Vanity Plate & Crystal Studded Bracket, Slotted Backup Light Covers, 3rd Brake Light Decal (PURE) & Chrome Rims

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 08:39:48 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: