Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Review: Autogeek Foam Gun  (Read 2402 times)

lil goat

Review: Autogeek Foam Gun
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:23:18 AM »
The idea behind a foam gun is to minimize the amount of rubbing and scrubbing necessary to clean the vehicle by pre-soaking it with frothy foam.The foam starts loosening and lubricating the paint immediately. As you work your way down and around the vehicle with a mitt or sponge, you don’t have to use as much force to remove dirt and debris. It’s already loose and just needs slight agitation to release it from the paint surface.

This gentle touch substantially decreases the risk of micro-marring because the paint is covered in a foamy layer of lubrication. Used in combination with a premium car shampoo, the Foamaster is a guaranteed safe way to wash your vehicle.

I just copied what it says on the web site because I agree with it, I have had mine over a year, DeepblueGXP has one and Poorboy our resident expert has one too. They run about $70 from autogeek.net

Pro's: Wash the car with no bucket or only a rinse bucket, thick suds that protect your paint, it's fun and will amaze your neighbors.

Con's: It does use a lot of soap the way I use it, but soap is cheap.
They also just came out with a foamer that is air driven, you have to have a compressor but it looks really cool.
http://www.autogeek.net/auqufofogun.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 08:28:19 AM by lil goat »

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Review: Autogeek Foam Gun
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
Think I'll look into one of these. Thanks for the review.  :thumbs:

Offline Poorboy

• Expired Vendor
  • Master Tech
    • Poorboys World
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »
I use mine all the time ....I still use two buckets, but it is a great tool for pre-wash and soaking before you start your normal washing.  Can you live without it ...yes, but it does make washing fun again like being a kid :poke:
Professional Polishing and Detailing Products
www.poorboysworld.com website
www.poorboysworld.net  detailing forum
www.Ultrafinish.com/store  microfiber only store

life is short ...do it while you can!

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 01:32:11 PM »
Poorboy have you seen the new one that uses air instead of water, I really want one it looks so cool. Do I need one heck no, but I still want one. You are right on that it makes washing fun again, I think that is why I use so much soap, it's just a blast to use.

http://www.autogeek.net/tornador-air-foamer.html

Offline FieroVin

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 08:11:16 PM »
It does look cool, like going to one of those DIY car washes.  Is there any problem with spotting issues from having too much soap on the car?

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 08:16:30 PM »
Hey lil goat,  what about me?  You forgot me.  I got one too.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »
I didn't know you were one of the cool guys in the foam gun club, sorry about that Chuck. What is that now, Solstice, cigars, guns, foam gun, cooking and liking to cut people up. We sure have a lot in common.

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 07:47:22 AM »
We sure do but I am still a goat in training.  Need to be more of a gear head.  Don't leave out Westers tune testers.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!