Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Solstice GXP wins Formula drift Long Beach  (Read 2528 times)

lil goat

Solstice GXP wins Formula drift Long Beach
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:56:19 PM »
As Rhys Millen gave up his Pontiac Solstice because Pontiac pulled out of drift racing there was only one lonely Solstice GXP left to race, it is the Gardella Solstice with the stock motor, turbo, trans and even differential. The little Solstice kicked everyone's ASS in Long Beach, even the new Challenger only managed a second place, beat the new 2010 Mustang and stomped Rhys in the Hyundai. Way to go Ryan Tuerck! You did us proud buddy!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:07:16 PM by lil goat »

Offline RUTurbo

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Solstice GXP wins Formula drift Long Beach
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:49:22 PM »
WOW! That's pretty amazing! Can't wait till the Gauntlet comes to my area June 5 and 6!
Keep Chopping!!!

Offline RichSol

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:45:15 PM »
Yeah I saw the story on that too. Excellent. Shows the success Rhys had with the car was not just the driver! Too bad Pontiac dropped out tho. He did represent the brand well.
'07 GXP - Loaded  3/19/2007 - 5  Speed auto
Black - Charcoal Leather red stitching- LSD - Monsoon - MP3 - OnStar - XM - A/C - ABS - Cruise - 5 Speed Auto- Fog lamps - GXP Floormats - Chrome wheels - Sport pedals - leather visor covers  - Sprintbooster & GXP Stage kit on order

"Original Sol" 2006 2.4 - 5 speed manual
Black - Sand/Steel leather - Delivered Oct '05 - Said goodbye Mar '07 -  It was a hell of great ride!

-my other vehicle is a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited-

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
Does anyone have the link on Gardella Racing GXP being prepped.  I saw it somewhere where he shows the competition what they are up against.

Offline RichSol

• Tech
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:14:22 AM »
Does anyone have the link on Gardella Racing GXP being prepped.  I saw it somewhere where he shows the competition what they are up against.
Try this...

http://www.gardellaracing.com/com/drift_about

I didn't go thru it yet, but might have what you are looking for.
'07 GXP - Loaded  3/19/2007 - 5  Speed auto
Black - Charcoal Leather red stitching- LSD - Monsoon - MP3 - OnStar - XM - A/C - ABS - Cruise - 5 Speed Auto- Fog lamps - GXP Floormats - Chrome wheels - Sport pedals - leather visor covers  - Sprintbooster & GXP Stage kit on order

"Original Sol" 2006 2.4 - 5 speed manual
Black - Sand/Steel leather - Delivered Oct '05 - Said goodbye Mar '07 -  It was a hell of great ride!

-my other vehicle is a 2008 jeep wrangler rubicon unlimited-

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:34:58 AM »
Gary Gardella who ownes the team and drives the Red Bull Cobalt drag car is a really nice guy, last year at E-town we stopped by the tent and he invited us all to lunch because we were Solstice owners. Ryan the Solstice driver is a very young guy and is really cool. These guys don't have all the flash of some of the other teams but they are a great bunch of guys.

lil goat

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 03:53:38 PM »
I sent Ryan Tuerck a message about what changes had been done to the car in the off season, here is his reply, they are running very close to the same setup Rhys Millen was running last year now.

Re: The car?

"It's got alot of changes. We got a built motor from GM similar to what rhys was running last year with a Precision turbo charger. It's now making an ungodly amount of horsepower.  We have the quaife 6speed sequential trans and pretty much kept most of the suspension stuff the same."

Ryan

Offline shabby

• Master Tech
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 11:09:16 PM »
We have the quaife 6speed sequential trans and pretty much kept most of the suspension stuff the same."

Mmmm sequential tranny...