Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Latest News from Lyndon  (Read 19162 times)

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
Re: Latest News from Lyndon
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2009, 09:08:51 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 11:46:22 PM »
Joe ;  I'm thinking about  a tune at MM6 . What one should I get and how much $$ do I need and what do I have to do.  :huh:   :idk: Leaving it all up to you .
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:51 AM »
Since  you are a supporting member, it's $495 and you pay Lyndon directly.  I have licensing for the 2008s so that won't be a problem.  You'll need an extra pair of drawers after you drive it for the first time with the new tune.  :lol:

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2009, 08:25:11 AM »
JOE ; That won"t be a Problem ,will be bringing extras anyway or just ware 2 pair from the Get.  Do I just contact and Pay Lyndon Now or when I come down your place at MM6?

PS My Other Rocket has been in the Shop over a week (Vivid Motorsports) in Glen Burnie .Limped back from Canada getting a AME ?  Wideband and other Stuff never did have it really set up and Tuned

:brnout:
                                                                      :brnout:

PT is on the bottom
Mods
GMPPTune, seat belt loops, Magnaflow Exhaust, Turn signal Mod, K/N CAI, Sprint Booster, , Driveshaft tunnel Plate, New Wheels, 3rd lite cover-up, Painted Calibers & Decals, Cooler/Travel bag, ProBeam, Custom FuseBoxCover, Sound Deadening, PeddleCovers, Hidden license bracket, Center Console, DDM Tbolt clamp&IC pipes, WindRestrictor & Lightbar, WestersRaceTune, Hood & Trunk Lighting, "A" pillar & Gauges,HoosierGXP interrior lights,StunnerTag and Directional Mirrors,Hood&Body Graphics(Chief Pontiac) by Jack of Arts,dimming mirror w/temp&compass

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »
JOE ; That won"t be a Problem ,will be bringing extras anyway or just ware 2 pair from the Get.  Do I just contact and Pay Lyndon Now or when I come down your place at MM6?
Contact him now, that way he'll be expecting something at the meet.  When I send your file, I have to mention your performance mods, I think you only have a Magnaflow exhaust.  Are you getting anything else at the meet?  CAT/CAI?

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2009, 10:28:02 AM »
JOE:: I  Only have the spring in the BOV,  K/N Filter , exhaust ,  ProBeam , and Back bone brace
Mods

Offline Imaj

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2009, 10:30:55 AM »
The K&N filter and exhaust...as well as what octane fuel you use, is all he will need to know.

Offline 1LILNDN

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • Me and the Chief
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2009, 10:49:36 AM »
 Imaj : Thanks  forgot that 93 Sunoco(Joe) I just talked to the lady in Lyndon's shop and she said not to worry)  C Ya L8R
Mods

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Chief Financial Officer, Color Professional
  • Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
  • I'm here. If I wasn't here, I'd be there.
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2010, 03:57:29 AM »
Anybody know if there have been any updates since this past August when this thread died?  Is it still 5.2 that is what everyone is having the most luck with?

Thanks,
Steven
Make the right choices now

lil goat

« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2010, 09:03:08 AM »
Yes there was an update, called SS that is a really nice improvement over the so called 5.2, not much since but Lyndon is playing with stuff and it it a little cold up north. Last I talked with him it was -32, needless to say both Solstices are parked.

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2010, 10:19:02 AM »
Lyndon sent me an updated tune about 2 months ago, which eliminated any limp mode completely.  I have a very aggressive tune, customized for my catless downpipe, and have not gotten any limp.  I boost to 25psi in every gear!
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2010, 10:57:02 AM »
Lyndon sent me an updated tune about 2 months ago, which eliminated any limp mode completely.  I have a very aggressive tune, customized for my catless downpipe, and have not gotten any limp.  I boost to 25psi in every gear!

Reverse ?!?!?!?!  :gaah:  :poke: :poke:
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

lil goat

« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
Reverse ?!?!?!?!  :gaah:  :poke: :poke:
:rofl:

By the way the SS name means absolutely nothing is is just a name to help reference how recent the tune was, it means that is was after the last HP Tuners update. The so called 5.2 refers to the last update before the release, it also means NADA, but gives us a way to discuss what revision we are at.

First there was the Race tune, then the 5.2 was the next major update, then the SS, there were many many minor updates in-between, and Lyndon does custom tunes for everyone, so no two are exactly alike.

If you were to buy a tune today, it would be called the Race tune, and would have all of the updates incorporated for your car.

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2010, 03:01:20 AM »
:rofl:

By the way the SS name means absolutely nothing is is just a name to help reference how recent the tune was, it means that is was after the last HP Tuners update. The so called 5.2 refers to the last update before the release, it also means NADA, but gives us a way to discuss what revision we are at.

First there was the Race tune, then the 5.2 was the next major update, then the SS, there were many many minor updates in-between, and Lyndon does custom tunes for everyone, so no two are exactly alike.

If you were to buy a tune today, it would be called the Race tune, and would have all of the updates incorporated for your car.

I am giddy!   :yay:
I told myself it wasn't worth paying the express shipping, what's another 5-7 days anyway...  man, it is just KILLING me!  All these good things I hear.

By the way,
Reverse ?!?!?!?!  :gaah:  :poke: :poke:

Has anybody actually checked this?  The engine itself doesn't know the car is in reverse.  The electronics do.  Is there and automatic dump when in reverse?  I never thought about that before.  I may have to do a few test launches in reverse to see what PSI I am getting now so I know if the Wester's tune is really working...  data logging, must do data logging...  how much time do you think Lyndon spends tweaking the ECM for reverse?  He better get some help in that shop, I think we just had a breakthrough.

GJ

Offline snaponbob

• Gearhead
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2010, 09:40:18 AM »
GJ, it SOUNDS like you are suffering from cabin fever, but how can THAT be?
Bob Buxbaum
snaponbob AT comcast DOT net
2007 Redline, Revalved Konis, Crazy alignment
FE3 front and Z0K rear bars, owner installed pwr lock buttons
catless downpipe, SP custom exhaustWester's tune
racing springs and adjustable perches
DDM ProBeam & Tower brace, CCW 18x11 wheels for racing

Offline Gentleman Jack

• Premium Member
  • Shop Foreman
« Reply #65 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:29 PM »
GJ, it SOUNDS like you are suffering from cabin fever, but how can THAT be?

SOB,
It's our version of cabin fever.  Actually, I think what I am suffering from is Torque fever.  All I keep reading is how everybody's tune "woke up" their engines and "Wow, change your underware"  I can't take it anymore!  I want it NOW!  NOW I SAID!

GJ

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2010, 01:58:36 PM »
GJ,
There is no doubt it will change your life in relation to your Kappa. Then you have to start worrying about radar, etc. Won't want to keep your foot out of it. :2c:

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Tires become very important with the extra TQ as well.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia