Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hello from a new owner  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Gipper48

• Apprentice/Gofer
Hello from a new owner
« on: April 12, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »
Just a quick introduction. My name is Brian Gipperich and I am the proud new owner of a 07 Aggressive GXP. :woohoo: I had been suffering from NFC (new car fever) since I returned from Europe last fall and had been eye balling several different makes and models when I stumbled across this baby. A 07 GXP with every option except On Star (as far as I can tell), manual trans and only 7300 miles for only $18900. Well I saw it, drove it and bought it in less than 24 hours and have been thoroughly enjoying it for the last 2 weeks. As usual I started looking at the forums to see what people were doing to them and that led me here. My plan is to add the DDM back bone and a tune to the car and that is about it.  (Bet ya heard that one before!) So if anyone is in the St Louis area and knows of a good tuner in the local area give me a shout.

Gipper

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
Re: Hello from a new owner
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:25:28 AM »
Welcome

Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline MomsSol

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 09:26:56 AM »
Welcome Gipper!

Another of mods that you may want to seriously consider on that GXP is replacing the hose clamps with T-Clamps.  I'm sure one of the GXP owners will come along and explain which ones and why the necessity.
Just here to help a friend! :thumbs:
True Lady Gearhead :)
We'll Miss You PONTIAC! :cryin:

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 10:15:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum. MomsSol is correct, replace the clamps on the intake elbow on the drivers side. There is a discusion on this forum about it.

Offline Cheers

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
Welcome to the fun  :D Let us know how we can help

Offline DickW

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 10:45:00 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy all the fun. You might also want to check ou Solo Exhaust systems to make it sound better. :brnout:
08 Cool Gxp, XM radio, Monsoon Package, 3M Clear bra. Vertical doors, Solo Mach and  3 inch Cat. GMPP turbo upgrade, DDM Race Backbone and Probeam

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
Welome Brian, (Gipper48) to the forum.  You will love your '07 Aggressive GXP, and to find one with only 7300 miles and for only $18,900, you did real good.  Makes us practically brothers, I own an '07 Aggressive GXP as well but not instant gratification for us, as we had to wait 8 months for our GXP after first ordering an NA Solstice and waiting 4 months for it before switching to the GXP on April 28th, 2006, (the first date that the GXP became available by GM).  Well, as you can see, our total wait was 12 months, but well worth it.  You did better on price as well as our fully loaded GXP MSRP was $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit and I talked them down to $28,180 our final deal, ($2,120 under MSRP).

You will love your 2007 GXP Brian.  Oh, forgot to mention ours is a manual 5-speed just like yours.  You will love to drive it in the twisties.  Have fun with your '07 Aggressive GXP.
GXPinKC
Ron
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Gipper48

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 01:52:51 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes. The clamp mod sounds like an excellent idea, always go for mods that improve reliability!.  Exhaust is something I may consider but I usually have the CD playing loud enough to drown that out!!!!  Ron I considered buying new as the local dealer has a PURE 08 on the lot with a sticker of $31000. Figured I could get a great deal but was still going to be alot more than what I got this one for. Also the dealer I bought from is a small lot and does not charge outrageous $$$ for doc fees and such. This one was $2000 cheaper than anything else I found in the area and most had 25,000 miles or more. All in all I am happy with the purchase. On top of it my insurance went down!!! I did not see that coming as it is replacing an 06 Ford Focus!!!

Gipper

Offline BLK GXP

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Rollin'
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 07:58:49 PM »
Welcome Brian. There's plenty of fun to be had with your new ride. I just can't seem to stop finding new things to do to it. I replied to your post on the Sol side as well.
Mysterious Lightside GXP. Driving like there's no tomorrow.

Offline jonymac

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 09:22:49 PM »
Welcome!  I have to laugh - cause all I was going to do to mine was find a good wash/wax detail system - yeah right!  4k later I am a possessed man!  Watching what is coming from these advanced tuners in the next few months is gonna be exciting!!
Performance Mods
- Wester’s Race Tune
- RPI Stage 2 IC and Dejon Piping
- RPI GT Exhaust and Catless Race DP
- Fujita CAI
- Saturn Motorsports Big Bore TB
- Dejon Intake TB Elbow
- Sprintbooster
- DDM Race Backbone & ProBeam
- Z0K Rear End

Other Mods
- Painted engine cover, calipers, caliper decals
- Demoneyes
- Seq Turn Signals, Pulsing 3rd Brake Light, Side Marker Mod, Auto on Fogs
- Custom Tempered Glass Windscreen
- Rain Sensing Wipers
- JPM Doorpads, Beltloops, Console, Shroud, Handles
- Flash2Pass
- Sound Deadener
- Kenwood Excelon DNX996XR, Infinity speakers, amp

Offline sol_man

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • Enjoying the cool summer
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 07:43:55 AM »
Welcome from a fellow mid-westerner, looking for warm weather  :gaah:
Sly with premium-auto-spoiler-pedals-onstar-xm-monsoon-crome wheels-a/c-headliner.
BSR Tune / GM Performance Exhaust / Xenon fog lights / K&N drop in / Debadged
Best 1/4 - 13.12 @ 102.6 / 60 foot 1.9 seconds
0-60 in 4.37 seconds

Offline Gipper48

• Apprentice/Gofer
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2009, 10:05:07 AM »
Thanks again for the nice welcomes. I kinda figured thinking I was only going to do a couple mods was the safest (sanest) way to approach this all. I am old enought to know better and smart enough to know what to tell the wife!!!!

sol_man I am originally from Michigan myself. Mt Clemens area just north of Detroit. As far as weather goes I am a meteorologist by profession and believe me when I say I wish Mother Nature would just pick a season and get on with it!!

Gipper

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »
Well at least you moved a little south, to Belleville, Il. Hope you like the Rams and the Cardinals, that's pretty much all you will see. Welcome to the newest and best forum for the kappa platform.

Offline amo

• Master Tech
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2009, 01:07:59 PM »
Gipper I too went from a Focus but an 03 and saw the insurance drop.  Very strange to see it happen, but enjoy the new car.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2009, 02:21:46 PM »
These are very safe cars, that is why the insurance is lower