Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Wheel and Tire Cleaning  (Read 1719 times)

Offline CPB

• Founding Member
  • Tech
Wheel and Tire Cleaning
« on: April 15, 2009, 03:41:42 PM »
Has anyone tried Eagle One A2Z All Wheel &Tire Cleaner and there Keep Clean Wheel Protectant? It says it is safe for all factory wheel finishes. What else does anyone use?
Thanks
CPB
2008 Mysterious GXP
third brake light decal SOLSTICE
air bag light cover GXP with arrow head
flash to pass garage door opener
RMR style bar black
mesh back up light covers
fiberglass eye lids painted to match body

lil goat

Re: Wheel and Tire Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2009, 07:28:04 AM »
I use the Eagle One, it is the only product I buy for cleaning my car in an auto parts store, I started using it a long time ago on my Harley wheels, they have a rough finish and it was the only thing that would take the brake dust off, going on 4 years using it. I will make your disc's rust very quickly and helps Duplicolor paint come off the calipers even faster.

Offline Lithium Lotus

• Master Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 02:05:28 PM »
I use Meguiar's wheel cleaner. They have a purple bottle for regular painted wheels, an orange bottle for aftermarket wheels, and a red bottle for chrome wheels.
07 GXP: Natsumi "Summer Beauty"
Sold 08/2010

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 02:51:03 PM »
The diffence is Eagle One actually works, it is very caustic and it smells awful, you have to be careful with it. Most every other brand I tried didn't work any better than windex, and I tried every brand they sold at Pep Boys until I used the Eagle One. It was one of the cheapest, and certainly is enviromently unfriendly. I think it is basically diluted battery acid in a bottle, but it sure cuts through caked on brake dust.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:56:21 PM by lil goat »