Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: DDMWorks - Original Powdercoated Race Backbones $124, Street $89  (Read 11419 times)

Offline idkfa

• Violent Jain
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
  • mostly harmless
    • Make
Re: DDMWorks - Original Powdercoated Race Backbones $124, Street $89
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2009, 08:22:44 AM »
man, now i wish i hadn't made my own.

Great price from a great company!

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2009, 08:41:59 AM »
There are a lot of reasons prices can change, and they do all the time.  Regardless of the reason DDM changed their prices I am happy with my product and the price I payed for it.  Would I liked for it the be cheaper?  Hell, I would like to have everything I bought from them to be free, but that anin't going to happens, so I will just continue to buy their quality products, because their follow up and customer service is second to none.
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

Offline Fred

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2009, 12:03:02 PM »
How long will this price last?? Don't get paid until the end of the month. Great price for something I need....would hate to miss out. 
Pops' car is Cool, Black Leather. Everything but Onstar and pretty much stock. VIN 12228.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 12:07:49 PM »
Right now it looks like we will be able to keep them at this price for awhile, although with all of the orders that have come in since last night the toughest thing is going to be keeping them in stock, even with the larger batches  ;)
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949
Tech Support - 864-907-6004

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Stage 3 Supercharged 2.4L - 314whp - 93 octane
Rotrex Supercharged 2.4L - 303whp - 93 octane
2871 Hybrid turbo 2.0L - 371whp - 93 octane

Offline PubliusE

• Master Tech
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 02:10:06 PM »
I think what we are seeing is the benefits of increased production of a successful product, Dave and Randy certainly did not want to have a 1000 backbones made up and then they not sell, also in case you haven't noticed everyone is hurting for work and I imagine the shop dropped there price too. I paid a HELLUVA lot more for my GXP than I can but one now for, by several thousand dollars, and there is no competion, just lower prices do to reduced demand and increased supply, and a lousy ecconomy. "The sweet taste of a better deal is long gone after the bitter taste of poor quality sets in" , I will stick with the inovator with a proven track record.

What I find interesting is the number of orders Randy is getting because of this price decrease.  The other forum has people jumping all over this deal.  It shows that the price of a product clearly defines its success.
all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be

Offline Acadian

• Founding Member
  • Tech
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 02:51:43 PM »
What I find interesting is the number of orders Randy is getting because of this price decrease.  The other forum has people jumping all over this deal.  It shows that the price of a product clearly defines its success.

fixed it for you...

It shows that the price and quality of a product defines its success.
+excellent customer service and reputation goes a long way to define the lasting success of a start up business.
Lightweight with no options 2006 stripper ! with added
GXP Z0K SPRINGS, FE3 Bilsteins shocks
GXP Z0K front ant rear sway bar
DDMWORKS stage 2 Eaton supercharger with intercooler
DDMWORKS hi-flow converter and long tube headers.

Offline WWI Flying Ace

• Master Tech
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »
Wow that is crazy its almost like 80$ off each one. Any idea if you guys can do something like this on the pro beam to?

How about a package deal?  I'd buy sooner rather than wait!  Even if not, I really want to grab one of each...everyone that has them raves about them.  Good luck with the sale!

Offline Smiling Clint

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 05:21:12 PM »
Ordered mine today.  Was planning on ordering when I came back from Myrtle Beach, but had to jump on this!  You guys rock.  :urock:  :woohoo:
I'm very intelligent, but I mask it by doing stupid stuff.

Offline GXPsy Rose

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
There are a lot of reasons prices can change, and they do all the time.  Regardless of the reason DDM changed their prices I am happy with my product and the price I payed for it.  Would I liked for it the be cheaper?  Hell, I would like to have everything I bought from them to be free, but that anin't going to happens, so I will just continue to buy their quality products, because their follow up and customer service is second to none.

:agree:

Very well please with after the installation of my DDM racing backbone & probeam (even though he had to do a very minor modification of the probeam....my magnaflow exhaust very lightly rubbed on a bolt & beam & we couldn't "ding" the exhaust at the site so he did a very minor mod on the probeam) At least she doesn't have that annoying exhaust vibration against the frame any more.   :brnout:    :drag:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 08:55:23 PM by GXPsy Rose »
GXPsy Rose
2008 BRAZEN GXP w/GMPP tune
Ordered: June 1st 2007 & Delivered: July 20th, 2007

I LOVE MY CAR
NASSOA:  Founding Member #52

Go N.A.K.3.D..
"Life's too short not to drive a fun car"

Offline Hal 9000

• Tech
    • Kappa Krap
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »
I once paid 150 bucks for 16K of computer memory.  NOT megs, K.  :banghead:

I was about to make my own backbone.  No point now.

lil goat

« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 06:26:53 PM »
Hal you could have used that old memory to make a backbone.

Offline Yamatr3

• Upgraded Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2009, 06:50:00 PM »
Hal you could have used that old memory to make a backbone.

It was probably as big as the back bone.

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 09:00:53 PM »
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the orders, as we have been working overtime keeping up with all of them and getting ready for the Southeastern Regional event at Myrtle Beach this weekend. Me and Randy will be leaving tomorrow for the beach, but Ivy and Michael will be staying behind to keep filling the orders  :thumbs:

Hope to see some of you this weekend!

Thanks,
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline 1KULSOL

• Founding Member
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2009, 05:24:51 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for all of the orders, as we have been working overtime keeping up with all of them and getting ready for the Southeastern Regional event at Myrtle Beach this weekend. Me and Randy will be leaving tomorrow for the beach, but Ivy and Michael will be staying behind to keep filling the orders  :thumbs:

Hope to see some of you this weekend!

Thanks,
Dave

:huh: Now Dave .... what did you have to do to keep Ivy werking this weekend while you are at the beach????  :D

Offline Chemist

• Founding Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »
Y'all be careful at the beach, I hear it's on fire!  :(

BTW, I pulled my prototype (from last October) Backbone on Tuesday and had it powder coated locally. I was quite pleased with the results. :)

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I snagged a decal from Ivy while at the Texas Mod Meet earlier this month. :D

Thanks again, Dave (and Randy), for a GREAT product!  :thumbs: :yay:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 07:35:08 PM by Chemist »
I'd rather be driving! :D

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2009, 11:38:46 PM »
I am in!  I want the 3/8ths Powder coated Race Backbone -$124.  I have not installed the GM Tune or Westers Tune but may, or may not in the future.  I also want to order the ProBeam.  As most of you know, the only mod on "Miss Red Eagle" is the JPM Leather Diamond Stitch Center Console.  So, anything to make her safer is good to go.  All you guys that provided posts on this mod, I appreciate your help.  

Dave at DDMWorks, thanks for your help.  So, in summary, the Powder coated 3/8ths Race Backbone is $124.00 and the Pro Beam is $170.00 plus $30.00 each on the install for a total install of $60.00, so the total becomes $354.00.  See you on Thursday at 11:00 AM.

GXPinKC
Ron
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 12:11:12 AM by GXPinKC »
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Dan

• Tech
    • My Website
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »
I
I also want to order the Pro Beam.  Need to know the price on it, and whether it is Powdercoated?
I had the impression the Pro Beam is coated black? $170?

I ordered the race Backbone, and I've checked for delivery at the office every day since. (Not that I'm excited or anything!) I must've ordered literally a day before the Extreme was made official, but I was already carefully considering the street vs. race, vs. weight and diminishing returns.  I'm confident I'll be pleased with the result.   
08 Aggressive GXP 5 speed

lil goat

« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »
I was just going back over this thread and reading. I am what the industry calls an "early adopter" meaning I am willing to give new idea's a shot before a lot of other people do, this works out for me sometimes and sometimes it blows up in my face. By being willing to test some new idea's you some times get to see the development cycle of a product, first off there is a lot of trial and error, this costs money, then after you have a product some one has to make it, maybe you get 10 done here at this price and 10 done somewhere else at another price and compare the quality. The cost of a batch of 10 per piece is far greater than the cost of 100, but you either can't afford or don't want 100 early on, until it is exactly what you want, DDM Works put up a lot of money prototyping this product and a lot of man hours too. The finished product was not the first prototype, they have to eat all this development money or try and recover some of it in early releases, to see if it will sell, this was true for the first Wester's Tune, got that too, the first Dejon Intercooler, me again or the first Race backbone, yep me again. I have never thought the backbone was over priced, I know what went into bringing it to market. It is great that the price has dropped, as there cost dropped because they were making larger orders they chose to pass it on, they didn't have to they could have just increased there bottom line. They were not afraid of a flash in the pan, these guys are world class and will be around a long time to stand behind there products as long as they remember "what can Brown do for you"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 11:17:33 AM by lil goat »

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
I am in!  I want either the 1/4" Street Backbone -$89 or the 3/8" Race Backbone -$124.  I have not installed the GM Tune or Westers Tune but may, or may not in the future.  I also want to order the Pro Beam.  Need to know the price on it, and whether it is Powdercoated?  I guess I need some help or advice as to what to order?  As most of you know, the only mod on "Miss Red Eagle" is the JPM Leather Diamond Stitch Center Console.  So, anything to make her safer is good to go.

Please someone help me out on this one.  I know, it may depend on whether we go forward with the Westers or GM Tune?  Thanks for any help, so that I may make and informed decision.

GXPinKC
Ron
Ron:

Don't know how you drive your car so it is hard to make a recommendation but for 99.9% of the people and that includes those of us who drive hard occasionally, you really will not need more than the 1/4."  Most of us opted for the 3/8 but in reality it is not needed unless you really know how to drive, both on and off a race track.

I built both (thickness) backbones on a CNC and as I thought, it is very, very difficult to feel the difference.  I'm not the best driver in the world, so some others may feel a big difference, but I had a hard time feeling the difference between the two.

It all boils down to the small cost difference between the two, so in reality that decision can only be made by you.

Frank I
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 03:52:57 PM by DeepBlueGXP »
Frank I

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2009, 12:05:56 PM »
Thanks Frank I for your great response.  With all the information received from you, DeepBlueGXP, lil goat, and Sky 5 I am well informed on what to get, and I really appreciate your advice as you have served GM through the years in an outstanding way, and I always admired your posts so much on the old GXP Owners Forum, where I used to hang out.  Well, I believe, might as well go for the Race, which DeepblueGXP recommended as well, I see it is somewhat stronger than the "street".  And if I decide to get a Westers or GM Tune, I will be set.  I do appreciate your response to my questions.  Hope to see you again at a Meet or event.  Carol and I are to arrive early for the Denver National Meet.  It should be lots of fun.  Hope to see you there Frank.

Ron and Carol
GXPinKC

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #45 on: May 28, 2009, 07:44:03 PM »
as long as they remember "what can Brown do for you"

Hey LG maybe Fed EX got a bad "Toaster tune" on one of their trucks that day.  Or they were just saving the best for last.
2007 Aggressive GXP

Offline Dave@DDMworks

• Vendor
  • Gearhead
    • DDMworks
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that the sale on these is ending at midnight on July 31st, so if you are on the fence about ordering, make sure you get it in before the end of the month!

Thanks!
Dave
Dave Michel
DDMWorks
Sales - 864-438-4949

WWW.DDMworks.com
Dave@DDMWorks.com

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 12:57:01 PM »
Great prices and awesome products!  I look forward to future Performance products offered by DDMWorks designed for the Kappa"s.  Thanks for the ride guys.  All of us who have added your products, can tell the difference!  In a short sentence, it is quite dramatic!

Windrestrictor
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust