Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: new car  (Read 4401 times)

Offline dstaylor

• Tech
new car
« on: April 20, 2009, 10:14:11 PM »
So I get my new 08 Sky Redline  5 speed on Friday, actually got it for my wife but I will drive it once and a while. My question is what can I do to get a little more jam out of it, without voiding warranty. My current ride is an 06 Dodge diesel 1 ton. 0-60 in 6.1sec 2wd :brnout: and 0-60 4.8sec boosted launch in 4wd. I dont like anything stock. I'd like to get this car that quick with simple parts like chip cold air and exhaust as thats all it takes with a diesel, but  I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks Dave
I'M LOVIN IT

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
Re: new car
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 10:24:06 PM »
You can pickup the GMPP LNF / Stage 2 Tune for 560$ish from crateenginedepot and then it will cost about 100-200$ for your dealer to install. With the kit it will up your HP to 290 and torque to 340. With the kit you should be able to get 0-60 times of around 5.0 or less. It also keeps the warranty since its a part sold by GM. GM also sells a CAI you can pickup for about 200$ on ebay if your lucky but CAI's are mostly for sound on our cars and not really for gains since the stock air box is pretty efficient already. You can also get an exhaust from various vendors such as Solo Performance and an exhaust shouldn't void your warranty.

Offline FieroVin

• Tech
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 10:25:46 PM »
Welcome... If warranty is a concern, then GM Performance Products are your friend.

Congratulations and have fun.

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
    • Kappa Performance Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 10:31:04 PM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your wife's new Redline.  A Solo Performance Exhaust and High Flow CAT will help also.  The sound is awesome...

Offline GXPinKC

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
  • GXPinKC
    • KappaPerformance.com
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 10:42:33 PM »
Welcome dstaylor to the forum.  Congrats on the purchase of your new Red Line.  You will not believe how much you will appreciate this wonderful Roadster.  Enjoy the ride, and we all look forward to your next post.
GXPinKC
Ron   :woohoo:
Code 1100, Order#KCPDVV 04-28-2006, Delivery: 12-27-2006 

2007 Aggressive GXP, 5-speed, Ebony Leather seats w red accent stitching, Chrome Wheels, Air, 6-Disc, Monsoon, Sport Metallic Pedals & Premium Headliner.

MSRP $30,300 less $1,000 GMMC credit.  Deal: $28,180. ($2,120 under MSRP).

DDM Race Backbone, Probeam, & Red Cross Bay Brace
JPM Leather Center Console
Windrestrictor
MRZ Performance Billet Caps
Beach Party FBC
Solo Mach Exhaust

Offline dstaylor

• Tech
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 11:27:25 PM »
Wow guys, thanks for all the replies. Wasn't expecting them that quick. Do have another question, is there a specific site that lists all the hp parts for these cars?

Thanks again
Dave
I'M LOVIN IT

Offline Filipp

• Master Tech
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 11:30:50 PM »
There's no specific site that lists them but if you go to crateenginedepot and click solstice accessories it will show you the GMPP tune, GMPP exhaust, suspension stuff and GMPP CAI. I vouch for the tune and CAI but if you want an exhaust you should go solo performance or RPI.  But google is your friend for most of it. Alot of the sky folks prefer the RPI stuff and solo just came into the market for sky's but they dominate the solstice market so they are a good company to. I don't know if I would recommend a high flo cat for you or not because it requires actually changing stuff in the engine and there are uptight dealers out there that might give you a hassle for it. I know theres the magnesium act and etccc but its better to not deal with it than hire a lawyer and etc. So I would recommend for you to pickup the GMPP CAI, GMPP Tune, Solo / RPI Exhaust and you should be at 300+ hp and 350+ torque.

Offline dstaylor

• Tech
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 11:38:51 PM »
Thanks again
I'M LOVIN IT

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 07:15:38 AM »
Then if you want to be sneaky, get a second ECM and send it off to Lyndon Wester and get the tune of the GM performance tune when it is released!

I think it is cheating but hey, whatever you can live with.  If you have to go to the dealer, just switch it out and go back to the stock ECM.  I have all Deepbluegxp recommended but with the Wester's tune of the GM tune in addition (testing).  You will be very happy and will not desire more power. 

Very fast in a straight line and impossible to floor it when making a turn.  You just will light up the low traction warning and spin the wheels.  Even with all the nanny controls on.  With them off, you will fishtail.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

lil goat

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
I think everyone steered you in the right direction but to my thinking THEY MISSED SOMETHING! To me it is the most important performance upgrade there is for the car, get the DDM Works Race backbone, it does not make the car faster, it just makes it so you can drive it faster, you can order from here they are a supporting vendor, very easy suspension upgrade takes maybe an hour start to finish, they also sell the only CAI for this car that works but it comes with and intercooler so it is expensive. I would go with the Wester's tune instead of the GMPP more bang for the buck, but that's just me.

Offline HAMMER DOWN

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 08:31:59 PM »
 Welcome 
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:
Here's to many rides with the top down, wind in your hair & the  hammer down.  :drag: :brnout: :drive:

Offline dstaylor

• Tech
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 01:56:57 AM »
got the car and i love it, wife loves it even more. I did order the stage kit from crate engine as well as the cai from them, like i said before cant have anything stock. Ill keep you guys updated. one last question what exhaust is recommended and where would I find it in western Canada?
I'M LOVIN IT

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »
Solo exhaust and its a Canadian company. There are several types depending on what sound you are looking for.  I would recommend the the Mach exhaust.  It has a great sound, no drone and not too loud, just sounds aggressive.  Where to find it, some of our other Canadian friends will step up and post I am sure.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!

Offline DeepBlueGXP

• KappaPerformance Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Shop Foreman
  • Displaced Buffalo Bills Fan
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 07:38:09 AM »
PM Spiky3480 for assistance, he's a Solo Perf vendor here.

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 08:53:56 AM »
Welcome to the forum dstaylor from a fellow Canadian.  :ca:

Yeah like DeepBlueGXP said, contact Spiky3480 for assistance to get your Solo exhaust system. A great Canadian company.
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline Sly Nic

• Tech
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2009, 11:22:31 AM »
As Sly Bob said and I will repeat:

Welcome from another Canadian to the west of you.  :ca:

So you are getting the car for your wife? Let me know how that works for you! :lol:
Get it while the getting is good.....

Offline KWhale

• Playing with my
  • Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:35 PM »
Another warm welcome from a western Canuck  :ca:  I hope your wife appreciates you "buying the car for her"  :lol:
The most Northern Senior Member on the map!!!
http://kappaperformance.com/forum/index.php?action=googlemap

Offline Sly Nic

• Tech
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 02:08:10 PM »
This is the link to Solo Performance:

http://www.solo-performance.com/homepage.asp

While Spikey is a great guy and has one very hot Solstice, he is in the US of A. Solo is a Canadian company and it may serve you better to deal dierectly with them instead of going through an American rep. As far as I know, there is no distributor in western Canada but Jeff will ship anywhere.

Many people on this site will vouch for the quality and incredible customer service this company offers - you cannot go wrong!

Nic
Get it while the getting is good.....

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
That may not be such a bad idea Nic. Thanks for chiming in.  :thumbs:
Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline dstaylor

• Tech
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 01:28:38 AM »
No, really guys its her car. I'm just trying to get it as quick as my diesel
I'M LOVIN IT

Offline G8TR

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2009, 06:16:38 PM »
Welcome! Lots of people here with the knowledge to point you in the right direction. Congrats on the car!  :cool: