Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Review: JPM Coachworks Kneepad  (Read 2224 times)

Ben L

Review: JPM Coachworks Kneepad
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:19 AM »
If you toss your Sol or Sky around hard at all, you will quickly notice how unforgiving the hard plastic trans tunnel is on your knee.  As Lil Goat's previous post indicates, there are various vendors that offer kneepads, that attach to the tunnel and offer some support.  For the most part, they are ugly, huge and out of proportion for the elegant curves of our cars.

Our own charter forum vendor JPM Coachworks now offers one for the Sol.  It is a really nice piece!  Contoured perfectly to fit your leg into a sleek teardrop shape, it is thick enough to be functional, but thin enough to not intrude into an already tight footbox.  I believe he's got some type of high density foam in there, on a black plastic backer.  Its about 1/4" thick +/- covered.  I got mine in smooth black leather, to match the JPM door elbow cushions I previously ordered.

It attaches easily with 3M tape.  I had no adhesion issues. Just make sure the surface is clean and free of Armor All, grease, dirt, etc. 

The pad provides a very comfortable resting place on long drives.  But it really comes into its own as a place against which to brace your knee and leg when pulling lateral Gs in hard turns.

The only suggestion I'd offer is that I push against it so much, I think the cushy stuff inside may get compressed in hard use over time.  JPM's pad is so thin and sleek, I think he could increase the thickness of the cushion, to no more than about 3/8" or so, without making it look like a brick. 

Or make a "full race" version, and use high-end impact gel cushion material, which would be more expensive but even better. 

But just as it is, it looks fantastic, and performs even better.  JPM has quietly done it again!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 10:39:22 AM by Ben L »

lil goat

Re: Review: JPM Coachworks Kneepad
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:11 PM »
You didn't mention the price, I PM'd Joe to order one but no response yet. That looks exactly like what I kneed.

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • THAT'S MISTER KAPPA ASSYLUM TO YOU!
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 11:23:43 PM »
Hey Lil goat maybe that new guy, whats his name again, will start making these too!  :devil:  I mean if its good enough for JPM it should be good enough for him to make and he can do it with less BS. :lol: :rofl:
2007 Aggressive GXP

lil goat

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2009, 12:28:53 PM »
 :lol: :gaah: :D

Offline Critterman

• Retired, thank you very much
  • Premium Member
  • General Manager
  • Baltimore/Washington Corridor
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 12:29:37 PM »
Goat, don't you always buy the same thing twice, once from each vendor?
GONE: (but not forgotten) 2006 Cool named BIXABEL (BISH-AH-BEL) Mayan for "Good Roads"

DDM
StageIII intercooled Supercharger, Wisco ceramic coated pistons, Carrillo rods, superTech valves and Springs
Ported and polished head
Exedy Stage II Clutch
big brake kit, slotted/drilled Rotors w/Porterfield pads & blue juice
Backbone, Probeam, Cross Strut Brace
Underhood, trunk, & door Lights
ZOK suspension

JPM
Center console, door inserts, & dash
Seat bolster & lumbar support

Focuztech Tri-Y Header & hi-flow cat
Solo Performance SQR-2
Norm's Rear facia
Heated Seats
Black Cat inserts

lil goat

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
I got hold of Joe (JPM) they are $65, I ordered one. He will have them for sale in Myrtle Beach for those going, I also mentioned he should make a heavy duty Auto Cross version. I ordered mine in Alcantara just to match the other crap in my car.

Of course I am sure someone could make better one for less money, oh wait I already bought that piece of crap.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:25:36 PM by lil goat »

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2009, 12:53:13 AM »
Of course I am sure someone could make better one for less money, oh wait I already bought that piece of crap.

I thought that I heard somewhere that you were always right.  Are you saying that you were wrong to buy the none JPM kneepad? :rofl:
2007 Aggressive GXP

lil goat

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2009, 07:56:59 AM »
Well I was again a guinea pig, or as I like to say a Test Goat. The pad from eBay is actually a very nice piece, well made an all IT"S JUST MADE FOR A C-5 Corvette, not a Solstice. So I was not wrong I was mislead. :lol: :rofl:

Offline Sol Asylum

• Premium Member
  • General Manager
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2009, 08:55:01 PM »
Thats good to hear I thought maybe your perfect record was about to fall.  That was a close call though. :woohoo:
2007 Aggressive GXP