Welcome Guest!!!

Thank you for visiting the GM Kappa Performance Forum. This forum is the only performance oriented forum for all GM Kappa Platform Enthusiasts.  We hope you will join and share your experiences.  Becoming a member is FREE! If you want to advertise on this forum, email KappaPerformance at yahoo.com.

Registration required to view the forum attachments. Below is a sample of the current top 25 topics.
Supporting Membership has many advantages.

More information on becoming a supporting member or vendor can be found on the sub forum; Site Help and Suggestions; thread - Supporting Members and Vendors.

Author Topic: Hi to all - new poster with some questions  (Read 9087 times)

Offline Sly Bob

• Administrators
  • Shop Foreman
  • My new grandson
    • Kappa Performance Forum
Re: Hi to all - new poster with some questions
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 01:06:14 PM »
Be sure the vendors know that you are Canadian. Most of the prices at the sites are in U.S. dollars so the price is considerably higher in Can $ as you are aware.

Some have Canadian prices that they don't have on their site as most of their customers are from the U.S. May save you a few bucks.

Just trying to do my part...

Mods: Lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with a Solo hi-flow cat!

Offline spicy3480

• Solo Performance Sales
  • Vendor
  • Gearhead
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

Thanks for that Spiky! Actually I was talking to Dave at DDM this morning which  led me to Norm (who I called)  which then brought me back to Jeff at Solo lol   Norm explained best to do it all thru Solo.

I bet these same questions get asked a 100 times a month, boy these guys are patient.

I have asked Jeff to price me out the diffuser valance , hi cat, split and center duals.  Started out liking the split duals, now wondering if the center isn't the better way to go. Decisions, decisions ;)

It's best to go right through SOLO...we can order the diffuser for you as a package with the exhaust.  The center exit is really quite nice and turns a lot of heads...it also sounds really great and aggressive.  Let me know if I can help you in any way.
Steve Mariano
Solo Performance
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

2007 Mysterious Solstice GXP
INTRUDER

Offline Frank I

• Premium Member
  • Master Tech
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 02:58:44 PM »

I have been talking to Jeff, going to go with a new exhaust before I make the decision on the ST II , talked to Dave at DDM looks like the summer months are open for an install so I have some time to decide. May zip down in the next couple of weeks and have the duel exhaust put on. Surprised by the cost of the new rear  valance from GM , $518 , talked to a couple of dealers , ditto. Thats almost as much as the exhaust itself.

Still not sure of whether I want to go with headers, hi flow cat.  Nice to have but not sure HP wise they make much difference once you add on the S/C and this package is starting to add up. All in all I am now looking at about $8500 Cdn for exhaust and STII.  Gotta get my head around that as I don't drive the car that much,  as you can see 11k miles over 3 years on it. On the other hand the male in me wants it all  ;)

TSO:

As I'm sure you realize, a supercharger (S/C) will just force more air into the combustion chamber which will demand more fuel to be ingested by the engine.  Improving exhaust flow will allow for the spent gases to exit the engine, so what you are looking at is S/C = "more air in"; High Flow Exhaust = "more air out."    Dave (DDM) can tell you what sequence of mods will give you the best bang for the buck and what you can add as more $$$$'s become available.

Frank I
Frank I

Offline TecSolOnt

• Master Tech
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:59 AM »

Thanks all,  got my questions pretty much answered this week, much appreciated, great forum !

Asked Jeff to book me in next month for dual exhaust, Franks valance, hi flow cat (on advice from Dave at DDM).

Next step will be to line up DDM this summer for ST II install.  As you have all pointed out  Jeff and Dave were very helpful, made this easy for a guy that knows just enough about engines to be dangerous :).

DDM ST II Supercharged , DDM Pro Beam, DDM Backbone, Solo Performance Mach Exhaust, Norms Diffuser Valance, Kappa Windscreen, Sound Deadener

Offline chuckdoc

• Premium Member
  • Gearhead
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2009, 10:14:28 AM »
I still say test drive Crittermans car and see if you like it.  It is very very fast, however the supercharger is not quiet.
My KappaPerformance Mod Page
Pontiac builds excitement but Joe kicks it up a notch!  Bam!